Roll bar wanted.

GaryD1971

I'm on the lookout for a roll bar to suit a widebody Westie please. Just a standard single bar will do. Colour/condition is not important. 

Thanks in advance. 

I have a couple of spare standard in-braced "square type" roll bars, could take one down to Stoneleigh if it's of any use - you can have one for a tenner, if it's of any use?

(not sure what postage would be,  but obviously they are a bit bulky/heavy).

• Like 2

Thanks Dave, that would great.  I'm going to stoneleigh on the Monday so could collect then. 

no problem, will check which is in best condition, and bring it down. (Drop me a PM a few days before though, just to remind me!!)

No problem Dave. Thanks very much. 

13 hours ago, Rednop1 said:

I have one  if you are still looking

Thanks Rednop, but I am collecting one from stoneleigh on the Monday.

Cheers, Gary.

@GaryD1971 quick question, I've got two versions of the old standard square profile roll bar. One has no bottom plates at the end of the legs, just the standard round tube, with threaded boss for the bolt to screw into from below.

The other, (the one I'd put on one side to bring), has square plates on the bottom of the legs, with mounting lugs for the hood frame welded on.

If your chassis has the hood frame mounting lugs already on, then you need the first type, if not, and you want to fit a hood, you need the second type.

Let me know which would suit best!

Hi Dave. My chassis doesn't have the hood lugs welded on so I will need the second type please, as I would like to fit a hood in the future. 

Regards,

Gary.

No worries - they're much more substantial than the bolt on brackets available from the factory!

• Like 1

The roll bar is at the drop off area on the club stand, I'm working on Scotts car next to the main club marquee!

Brilliant. Thanks Dave. I'll see you tomorrow. Looking forwards to seeing how Scotts car has faired over the weekend.

Hi Dave. I've left the money for the roll bar with Alastair on the auto jumble stand. I'll catch up with you later.

regards,

Gary

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.