Horsepower at the Hall Sun 9th April 1pm

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Now at Newark Showground, NG24 2NY, the Horsepower at the Hall car gathering has started back up. Either meet us there from 1pm, or if you want to arrive together meet at 12.30, McDonalds, Lincoln Road, Nottingham, NG24 2DB. That is where the A1 crosses the A46. Entrance fee is £2, arrive and leave at anytime between 1pm and 5pm.

@Big Andy I can call for you at 11.30am if you like?

Lots of juicy cars to look at, many tyres to kick. Catering on site so arrive hungry.

Who is coming?

• Like 1

Hi Julie yes count us in for deffo and yes that would be fine to call for us I will inbox you me address :westy::westy::westy:

• Like 1

oooh, goody, I hear your new car is as your avatar suggests, BRG and chrome, I am in love with it and I haven't even seen it yet, clam shells too, ooooh.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO said:

oooh, goody, I hear your new car is as your avatar suggests, BRG and chrome, I am in love with it and I haven't even seen it yet, clam shells too, ooooh.

It goes well too, which is nice. Still it is a project car, oh and it has scars (character) :d

• Like 1

Patina, Yanto, it has patina!

:yes:

• Like 1

Lovely day, but i had to leave to cut the grass (poor excuse I know) out of all the exotica, jap scene, dub stance and "vibes" i liked this lot the bestest.DSC_0643.thumb.JPG.652923eef15236d49f127095b49ea9b4.JPG

Ian

• Like 1

Today was the premier of a new and very special member of the Peak District area, Alan's new best friend 'The Derbyshire Duck'

DSC00216.thumb.JPG.0abc568ff4520d9e5b3354efae52b125.JPG

Alan and 'Ducky' called for us, and we all called for Big Andy and Natalie, with Debbie following in the tin top. Off we went on the A1 south to meet Andrew and Clare, Ian, Martyn and Sue in McDonalds. Quickly joined by Chris and Mo we all arrived in convoy and parked up nice and close to the ice cream van.

DSC00217.thumb.JPG.9a03d70befa506ff682f380a47af044e.JPG

Flying the flag for Westfield

DSC00220.thumb.JPG.8b3d0c7d20ff79b561c40de995141a82.JPG

Some people were properly organised with chairs and brollies, weren't they Martyn and Andrew? 

DSC00221.thumb.JPG.103472d9b13dedf495b29da22751b150.JPG

We were some of the first cars there so we could watch the others arriving. Hundreds of them there were, the best turn out yet. Ben had got it well organised and had moved the entrance right up to the top, so not to cause a traffic jam on the main road. The marshalls worked efficiently and got everyone into position nice and quickly, I think they had a bit of a hunch that it was going to be busy. 

Other cars arriving, well I had to photograph the MX5 Mk1, what else did you expect.

DSC00223.thumb.JPG.20338d0ae9043d0e653cef8f6b029728.JPG

After a wander about and a chat with our friends from the NWKCOG we said our goodbye's and headed for home. For us, we followed Alan home on a much improved route to mine and we will definitely take that way again, so thank you Alan.

Great company, would be better if there were a few more classic cars there, would be better if the roads twisted a bit more, perhaps a hill or two would help, still it was good to see everyone and meet Ian's new car.

Next weekend is Easter, it's Cars and Coffee in Grantham on the Saturday, Robin Red Spider's meet on the Sunday, with a wiggle back through the Peak District. We have renamed Robin, he is now called Robin Red Kite, well, the pub he meets at is called The Red Kite! :)

• Like 3