wanted s 2000

Barnsley John

Good find Craig. Another for the list @IanK Weird how fussy he was with the dash and he didnt even paint and clean the engine ! Looks decent enough with a few tinker things needed , like rear stone guards gaps on the side panels etc. As for bargain, it doesnt state his reserve as yet.

Quite an impressive weight for a car with lardy seats etc.

But certainly one to have a look at, If in the market.

aint got time to build just wan to get in and go thanks john

18 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Good find Craig. Another for the list @IanK Weird how fussy he was with the dash and he didnt even paint and clean the engine ! Looks decent enough with a few tinker things needed , like rear stone guards gaps on the side panels etc. As for bargain, it doesnt state his reserve as yet.

That fussy with the dash that he's not got a valid oil pressure reading on his Dash2:cry: Doesn't appear to have a heat shield between the exhaust manifold and the brake/clutch reservoirs either!

11 minutes ago, sdh2903 said:

That weight is surely over optimistically light?

He's dreaming! Even @Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO carbon fibre product demo vehicle's not that light yet!

What was the kerb weight of your car at IVA Steve? Mine was 647KG with a full tank of fuel.

630kg with full tank.

That's with Jk's and carbon wings. I reckon with screen removal and a bit more weight loss I might just be able to see 600.

My last car with aeroscreen, no heater and various lighter bits, like battery, and slightly lighter seats, plus mutch lighter engine and gearbox was 585 kg.

that weight takes some serious work to achieve with heavier engines and gearboxes, hence my sarcastic comment previously.

None the less, it doesn't look too bad a car, I'd just be taking the description of items with a pinch of salt, and want to be checking everything for myself.

• Like 1

Hi @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep

When someone gets the weight so hugely wrong, I then begin to doubt all other aspects! As we both know the Mega S2000 is a rapid car even when north of 600kgs, so there's no need to fib to assist a sale. It could be a genuine error.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IanK said:

Hi @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep

When someone gets the weight so hugely wrong, I then begin to doubt all other aspects! As we both know the Mega S2000 is a rapid car even when north of 600kgs, so there's no need to fib to assist a sale. It could be a genuine error.

Yup, I regard every piece of info as needing double checking. It shouldn't necessarily rule out a car, and may even be a genuine slip up, but it may not... 

Hence the double checking.

Mine weighs 601kg with the cage, without me in it, oh and about 1/4 tank of fuel 

As it stands in this photo 

17903952_10155035637202040_8772152411021

So, I would say he's a bit over optimistic or he had a jack under the car when it was weighed :p :laugh:

• Like 2

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.