Curborough Breakfast Meet, Sat 1st April

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

On Saturday 1st April it is the first breakfast meet of 2017 at Curborough Sprint Course, Lichfield, 8.30 - 11.30am.

I cannot find any information about who is on track, unless anyone on here knows? Anyway, hope to see you there and if the weather is nice I can lead a run into the Peak District, if anyone wants to?

• Like 1

hoping to be there, as long as the weathers ok, I guess hoping for a weekend like we just had would be asking to much.

Fingers crossed, I might be able to make this one!

• Like 1

Sorry I'll  miss this one. There's a call Saturday  morning to plan stoneleigh...some idiot (me) managed to schedule the call on a breakfast meet day.. @finkangel may also be absent for the same reason.

• Like 2

That's you off the Christmas card list then @Trevturtle. Oops, no you are helping fix my car on Saturday, I had better let you off :)

:marto: I have my daft head on i.e going, sunny or not.

Started getting the car out from under the covers when the heavens wheel and truly opened, so as the weather looked better tomorrow, decided to give it a miss.

Anything on tomorrow in the general area, run wise?

• Like 1

Same here damp start & forecast to get worse so didn't bother, but the suns out now:down:

Just damp here now, but supposed to rain again later. :down:

• Like 1

Just too much on at home I'm afraid. Plus when it rains it RAINS. Hope to make the next one

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

Started getting the car out from under the covers when the heavens wheel and truly opened, so as the weather looked better tomorrow, decided to give it a miss.

Anything on tomorrow in the general area, run wise?

Hi Dave, I think there's a few cars going to Middleton Hall Tomorrow, we are and I believe Julie and Martin Vann, you could check with them. Not sure if a run out is also planned

Alistair

• Like 1

I'll probably give that one a miss, it's either an hour there and another back on the motorway, or a three hour round trip by A road.

Travelling down the M1/A38 thinking what on earth are we doing, driving in the peeing rain to stand in a wet field with no cover, God knows. Ian Podmore, Paul Hammond and Martyn and Sue were waiting for us, what other excuse do you need.

DSC00096.thumb.JPG.c34cb6ffc135f6b05b557757d3be6666.JPG

Morgans on track, there is another good excuse

DSC00097.thumb.JPG.d86664f0e4ab86d3e71a33a092a982ac.JPG

Top girl, Sue, blagged a passenger ride in one, how good is that? here she is

DSC00105.thumb.JPG.b7c04ed68642bd1448076ec2ce6e0402.JPG

After a couple of hours we went for lunch at Fradley Junction canal

DSC00107.thumb.JPG.57c32bd69a0d1c6619437a0b6789efdb.JPG

DSC00109.thumb.JPG.047274f9f205defa2968590399de11dc.JPG

Followed by cake

DSC00111.thumb.JPG.3b372c3a48d06d6114aafb8a96415898.JPG

Then it was off to Trevturtle's house to check my falling oil pressure, which turned out to be the dodgy sensor that Glen thought it was. Still, it was a good excuse for lashings of tea and chats.

DSC00115.thumb.JPG.19a9b8e7439a08ec16a0615270d2dc56.JPG

Ironically your WSCC calendar has my picture of Steve Everall's car at Curborough in the rain for this new month of April, luckily there was no rain there today.

DSC00095.thumb.JPG.1321e735d85d6678838d81b48cd46fe2.JPG

What is that collie dog looking for?

DSC00112.thumb.JPG.289a2ac79190c587fe41103fb94660dc.JPG

Ooh, did my camera happen to take a pic of a rogue MX5 that made it onto track. We are off to Blyton tomorrow to watch the Toyota/ MX5's on track and quiz them about what size wheels, type of tyres and roll bar to put on mine. 

DSC00094.thumb.JPG.2956ed6e2f2b469c220c1327fa1848d9.JPG

Thank you to those that came and I can fully understand why the others didn't, you need a screw loose to want to do that.

• Like 1

Excellent day out with great company and most importantly with lots of tea and cake as usual :yes:

Oh yes the cars were good too! :d

• Like 1