Easter Sunday Peak District Run 16th April

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Forget EGGS, think CARS. It's Easter Sunday and you need an excuse to escape cutting the grass, well here it is!

Meet at McDonalds on Junction 30 M1 ready to leave at 9.30am. We will boringly drive 70 mph up the M1 to junction 39 and meet the Yorkshire crew for a 10.30am breakfast in the Red Kite. Then, we will do whatever is happening up there, and drive back south on the fun Strines Road and through the Peak District.

Anyone fancy it? Eggs vs grass vs cars, there is no competition really is there?

NOW MEETING AT MATLOCK ARTIST CORNER CAR PARK 10.30 AM followed by a run around the Peak District

Edited by Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO
  • Like 1

We will be BBQing in Buxton!!!!

Ruddy caravans :( missing you both.

• Like 1

Hi All. Sorry I've not been in touch recently ... one of my kids has been very poorly over the last couple of months and I've not been able to get out and about. I won't be able to come to this one but wanted to say hello and update everyone ... fingers are crossed that all will be well over the Easter period as the doctors seem positive that Josh is getting over his illness. If that happens then you won't be able to get rid of me as I'm having serious Westfield withdraw symptoms :-)

Julie ... loving the new car :-)

• Like 1

We did wonder how you were, as we thought you might have come to the meet yesterday, Andy, so it is nice for you to find the time to update us all. Let's hope things head in the right direction for you and your family and we see you soon.

Take care.

• Like 1

Thanks Julie ... we've just come back from a trip from Sweden to work with a renowned consultant and try a new drug on Josh! This seems to be working and we are seeing some good results so I'm starting to think I could have some free time after Easter.

• Like 3

@Andy_R Hope Josh improves and the initial results sound positive.

• Like 1

Sounds like a positive result Andy. Fingers crossed for you all.

• Like 1

Thanks guys ... much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

If there are no takers on this, is anyone interested in meeting in Matlock and having a run around the Peak District instead?

• Like 2

Might try and make that one, should know later in the week...

Oh good, at last there is life out there, Big Andy is also at the caravan over Easter, as well as Martyn. Fishing/Caravans vs Westfields, it's a bit like Broccoli vs Roast Potatoes, there is just no comparison.

Let us know later on then Dave, I will need to warn all the children about the polar bears :laugh:

• Like 1

Oh go on then, sod the chores again as long as its dry. Need to hear about the polar bears though and Gail must drive over Mam tour or I might as well go bury myself in the garden.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have even better roads for Gail, so put the spade away for now.

You will love the polar bears story, I have still been laughing at it today. 

• Like 1

:angel-emoticon:

• Like 2