S2000/V8/170bhp+ Westfield wanted

jabiqq

Hi,

I`m starting my search for a Westfield, looking for a tidy road focussed car, but also for an occasional track day. Ideally 170bhp+, LSD, independent suspension, suitable for a 6'2" guy (preferably lowered floor, wide body); not a Q-reg. Still doing my research, so will consider various options and budgets. I`m based in Birmingham, happy to travel.

Thanks,

Victor

Good luck in your search, I was in a similar position about a month, advised that patience was required (not my strongest quality) but I dropped on a lovely SEiGHT after a week. Considered a few cars and was very impressed with the overall quality of everything that I enquired about

Try not to get over concerned about the Q reg. Some might feel it devalues the car but it can make a big difference at MOT time.  Most will be evaluated on smoke only which is pleasantly uncomplicated!!

Good luck with your search :)

Agreed - a Q reg on a "normal" car is bad, but perfectly OK on a kit. I actually chose to register mine on a Q as a preference, after all you can't see the plate when driving it!

:ww:

Recommend you get down to some local meets to look over/tyre kick and have some passenger rides.

& Stoneleigh will be over run with us so plenty to looksee.

Your title doesn't mention zetec,  but they're great reliable tunable engines and you'll get a lot more Westie for your hard earned! Mines a 179bhp 1.8 zetec Silvertop (BLiNK Motorsport tuned) & It's brill.

IMO 160-180bhp with good geo makes great all year road / track drivability.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. I decided to buy a nearly finished Zetec blacktop from a forum member. Went to see it & collect on Saturday with a trailer (used to transport another Westfield), but the trailer turned out to be a couple of inches too narrow! Now arranged collection via Shiply for Monday & the car going to be hopefully finished and registered soon. Will post pictures once ready!

1.jpg

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.