Trials and tribulations

alexander72

In recent months I have managed to secure and purchase a 1973 sporting trials car... its a rare beast that is running in the HSCC / Historic Sporting Trials Car Association Championship.

If there is any interest I would gladly share some pics and my experiences trying master the dark arts of trickling and blasting....

P1030380.JPG

• Like 4

Pictures/stories are always good :yes: Can you answer me this though, about 3 weekends ago, 4 or 5 of these cars were travelling in the opposite direction to me and they were absolutely caked in mud. We were in the Peak District, near Baslow, my question is, where can you go and watch them/you in action?

Thanks

Julie

That would have been a classic trial if they were on the highway Julie.  Debbie and I are competing at the Ron Faulkner Trial in peters field on the 25th of march.... details on the southsea motor club website and the HSTA website.

Here is the car at Delobole, Cornwall at the Robin Alexander Trail, Camel Vale Motor Club 

P1030391.JPG

Wow, I thought Petersfield was a bit far away until I see that there is one on The Isle of Wight, 13/14 th May. I must say, it looks bags of  fun, mad? erratic? one of those activities that you can make look easy if you are good at it.

soem good video of the cr in action on the HSCC facebook page - "videos"

Good to see your still competing James.

Go get em, keep posting :yes::yes:

Hope to catch up sometime.

aye - see you soon smeg - we love the trialling, out agin this weekend :-) 

Trial tomorrow is at Langrish GU32 1QY - Ron faulkner Trophy Trial - 10:30 AM start 

1 hour ago, alexander72 said:

Trial tomorrow is at Langrish GU32 1QY - Ron faulkner Trophy Trial - 10:30 AM start 

Good Luck for tomorrow James