ENTRANTS CAR NUMBERS

I H Freelance Services

Hi i have registered for the speed series and local car club sprints this year , i see looking at the blue book  if i read it correctly you are allocated number to put on your car at each meeting so i assume that you have to carry a stock of numbers with you so you can apply the allocated number at that particular event , what do others do to comply with this ruling ?  if this is the case wheres the best place to get these numbers from .

many thanks Iain

I used to get a pack of numbers mail order from Demon Tweeks.

8 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

There's a few of us use this site....

http://www.race-number.co.uk

That's the one I use - good value at 10 of each number (0 to 9) for £25.50 (100 in total).

You can also gaffa tape a number but it does not look as good.

cheers Guys fantastic advice as ever

Many of us use a white backound that stays on the car and onto which we "stick" the number. I you carefully rove them that can even be reused a few times

Remember when you fill in an entry form you are the driver NOT an Entrant!

6 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

There's a few of us use this site....

http://www.race-number.co.uk

That's the one. Use the MSA 9" type 2 font version. Doesn't matter about backing, colour etc, as with all things MSA, some things they are nonsensically strict about, other things they allow free abandon with! You'll see all sorts of number size, font, colour, location etc going on. As long as the timing marshalls can read it, it seems to be fine.

10 hours ago, terry everall said:

Remember when you fill in an entry form you are the driver NOT an Entrant!

This is usually the case but sometimes people who wish to promote businesses also get an MSA entrants licence so that the company name appears on the entry lists etc. This 'may' be the case with Iain as he has a company. If not, then its just driver as Terry says

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BCF said:

That's the one. Use the MSA 9" type 2 font version. Doesn't matter about backing, colour etc, as with all things MSA, some things they are nonsensically strict about, other things they allow free abandon with! You'll see all sorts of number size, font, colour, location etc going on. As long as the timing marshalls can read it, it seems to be fine.

Correct, except that there is one scrutineer who is apparently colour blind! He objected to me using black numbers directly onto the red bodywork of my car. He didn't fail me, but strongly suggested I should get a white background  to put the numbers on. Fortunately I only came across him twice, so ignored his advice.

• Like 1