MX-5 Mk 1 wanted

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Thanks Kyle!

'track slag' - mx5 to be hammered endlessly on track without a care in the world!

Thanks @bunje I had not seen the one in Manchester, it sounds nice so I have messaged the seller, not the ideal colour but hey ho. The one in Barnsley is at the top of the 'sale posts' page, but I have had no response from the seller as yet. Great colour. Colour is not my top priority but I am a bit soft on British Racing Green.

mx5.jpg

as everyone else has said look out for rust dont be put off by ones that have had the sills done but make sure they have been done well or by a reputable company. theres a seller on ebay that sometimes has a few mark ones for sale in claverly which isnt far from the black country area meet.

Got a viewing and test drive on the one above, hope it's a good one.

Supercarclassics is like 5 minutes from me but he doesn't seem to get many Mk1's in any more. His stock is usually good quality though and if one you fancy comes up I'd happily go and take a preliminary look for you. Having owned one and ripped one apart for my WF, I know these cars well.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help everyone. The one in Wigton Motor Club might be a bit scary for me, I am very much a novice, so I have bought the one in Barnsley. It is very original in every way. It has the 1.6, 115 bhp engine and he has thrown a roll bar into the deal, so I hope I can have some fun on the track without doing too much damage if it were to go wrong. It has 14 inch wheels, which I think is unusual for a MX5?? and better for track work?? 

I just need to work out how to drive it now and after a wiggle round on my own I think I will perhaps get a bit of tuition.

Thank again everyone, your offers are so kind,

Julie

ABC 5.jpg

• Like 1

Looks very nice. Those are actually the standard wheels, referred to as daisys.  

I didn't know that, Kyle, I must admit I was a bit worried, thinking why are they 14 inch, so that has put my mind at rest. There is so much to learn, which is half the fun I guess.

Snap.

you now have twice the expense , twice the trouble,

but twice the fun...

enjoy...

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.