Silverstone Classic 2017

Captain Colonial

Damn, looks like it's microswitch time! There's deffinately lots of times then when braking lightly that the pressure switch wasn't responding. :(

Thankfully the rain lasted for about 10 minutes this afternoon and stayed dry with sunshine. The pub is rammed.We had a great time seeing old friends and making new. See you all soon.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for making this another great weekend at Silverstone. We made it to Bristol before we hit the rain and it stayed wi us nearly all the way back to Cornwall 

Westy has been aquavaxed out and the carpets are now covered in Rice .thanks for the tip @Ali and Gail hope you have a good trip home tomorrow And enjoy the Jaffa cakes ...

• Like 3

Another awesome Silverstone weekend (2 in 2 weeks)..A brilliant weekend of racing and wandering round International and National pit lanes,

The historic Formula 1 cars running the 3ltr  Cosworth engines sounded awesome:yes::yes::yes:

Got to say Robin you looked like a drowned rat when you emerged from your tent this morning :laugh::laugh: and how AndyR fitted in that micro tent I will never know

Steve & Elena

• Like 3

Oh that was a tent was it? I thought someone had just inflated Andy's sleeping bag!

• Like 1

Had a great weekend. Thanks to all for your great company. 

High spot for me was watching the group C cars in the rain in the dusk from Club Corner   The noise was awesome. 

Got home just before the rain started. 

As for that Mondeo estate. Don't get me started .......

11 hours ago, Sparkymart said:

Thanks to everyone for making this another great weekend at Silverstone. We made it to Bristol before we hit the rain and it stayed wi us nearly all the way back to Cornwall 

Westy has been aquavaxed out and the carpets are now covered in Rice .thanks for the tip @Ali and Gail hope you have a good trip home tomorrow And enjoy the Jaffa cakes ...

Ate them as a midnight snack thanks mate

I am pleased to report that messers Jones and Jones solved at 9.15 this morning the Mondeo Mystery. I hope you slept better last night @Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO. The offender was none other than @Paul Hurdsfield. He found it most amusing.

IMG_20170731_091302.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve (stevel) - Lancashire AO said:

Got to say Robin you looked like a drowned rat when you emerged from your tent this morning :laugh::laugh: 

Steve & Elena

Feeling and looking much better this morning thanks. 

12 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Oh that was a tent was it? I thought someone had just inflated Andy's sleeping bag!

I had more room in the Jet simulator cars :cry:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO said:

Had a great weekend. Thanks to all for your great company. 

High spot for me was watching the group C cars in the rain in the dusk from Club Corner   The noise was awesome. 

Got home just before the rain started. 

As for that Mondeo estate. Don't get me started .......

That Mondeo estate ensured most of you were able to camp together  :p

I thought everybody knew the owner and a polite request would have seen it moved :rolleyes:

Slasher you bu@@er!!

If I had known it was yours I wouldn't have been bothered. :d:d

Anyway thanks for arriving early and marshalling our pitch so we could camp together. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO said:

Anyway thanks for arriving early and marshalling our pitch so we could camp together. 

Cheers Paul..:yes::yes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nic (NICO) - Shropshire and Mid-Wales AO said:

Slasher you bu@@er!!

If I had known it was yours I wouldn't have been bothered. :d:d

Yes he even asked me to move as I unloaded the car :d

• Like 1