Anti virus software time again

Captain Colonial

On 01/03/2017 at 10:30, Wilfman said:

Try Sophos..... commercial software that is now offered FREE for home users.

https://home.sophos.com/

For those that say they use other free products and have not had a virus it probably means the product isn't able to detect anything - they are all signature based applications that are updated daily to find the bad stuff out there. 

Second for Sophos. I have used multiple providers over the last few years in large environments and Sophos is the only faultless one that I have no complaints about! I have no experience using it as a home user

• Like 1

Thirded for both Avast free version or Sophos free version. I had Avast for about 5 or 6 years. Not one bad thing happened. I changed because I went to a Sophos event for my job last year and I was impressed, especially as I hate these sorts of seminars and I am a full blown cynic so I was determined to not be. When my free Avast renewal popped up I decided to change. No issues in the last few months. It just sits there doing it's thing.

I know one person who uses Windows Defender with a similarly good experience and at work we use a paid for Symantec/Norton programme and again, no issues there either.

• Like 1

Another Sophos recommendation. Free and without loads of annoying pop ups trying to sell you a 'full' version.

• Like 1

Thanks all, I've installed Sophos, we'll see how it goes. :t-up: 

• Like 1