Can you have a decent shower in 4 mins..?

John K

After repeatedly being told by umpteen TV programs that the typical / ideal duration of a shower is 4 minutes I decided to time mine (and yes, its a given that I have no life).

I'm fairly average in terms of surface area and what hair I have lost from my head I seem to have gained elsewhere and I like to be clean but am certainly not a metrosexual obsessed about my looks or moisturizing.

Including a 30 second warm up time, I ran the shower for 7 minutes and 30 seconds.

Not really sure how you could do it much quicker.

7 minutes 30 is only due to having to remove all traces of diesel yes?

Normal, diesel-free showers are usually 4 minutes.:p

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussH said:

You retired John...?

Is "Work from home" the same thing..? :yes:

I reckon if that isall there is to fret about, things must be pretty darn good, all things considered. :) 

23 minutes ago, John K said:

Is "Work from home" the same thing..? :yes:

Ah. I know that feeling. Yesterday I drove 3 hours to the office because I was going stir crazy. Not started timing my showers yet though. 

I wash my hair every other day so showers come in two durations. Neither will be as short as four minutes though, and frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! :p

• Like 1

The question was a decent shower! :d

Depends where I'm showering ... when I'm away on business I enjoy a selfish long hot shower in a hotel :d at home I tend to get a wiggle on as I'm paying the leccy bill. Daughter thinks you can't have a shower in under 15mins with all of the hair/body product she has to use .... so I keep mine short to compensate :rolleyes:  

Keep it short and cool so that the bathroom doesn't get too steamed up! Wish my son agreed... ???

I was in a rush this morning and I got in at 0800 & out at 0804.  Same mechanism as usual just rushed.  So I would say that you can have a decent, but rushed, shower in 4 minutes

Having a shower in 4 minutes is only possible by those that can open and close curtains, switch lights off and boil the kettle for one cup without it being full (not kids!).