Yorkshire Area, Sunday breakfast meeting

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Have you got a run out planned Robin after the breakfast and tyre kicking?

1 hour ago, marcusb said:

Have you got a run out planned Robin after the breakfast and tyre kicking?

Yes, possibly. Plotted a circular route on TYRE to and from the pub of about 12 miles, not sure what the roads are like, but we can find out on Sunday.

Forecast is rain, oh I hope it rains, please let it rain, then I can go in my new, old MX5. I need to find out if the roof leaks.

I apologise to all the Westfield's out there that are praying for sunshine, but just for one day in my life I am wanting rain. Normal sense will resume on Monday, I promise.

See you all in the morning, when you can beat me with a stick :d

1 hour ago, Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO said:

See you all in the morning, when you can beat me with a stick :d

We won't be able to beat you as it'll be raining and you'll be there on your own!

Yes it looks like it might be raining tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye on the weather forecast, but I'll be there. Probably have the roof on for the third time.

And if it is raining, then I blame Julie.

• Like 1

Hi All

Seen the posts, that you are meeting at the Red Kite, I needed somewhere for breakfast this morning so tried it out.  A good breakfast, with quality ingredients, freshly cooked.  I will be at Harewood tomorrow it is a practise day, with c 80 cars competing, if anyone wishes to come along afterwards it would be good to see you, I am running as car number 63

• Like 1

Half hoods on :-)

It's blue skies here

As first meetings go, can't complain, 4 Westfields, a MX5, a Fiesta and a Focus. The rain held off mostly and I only got a bit wet when someone in a Mazda stopped to put her hood up.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 12:09, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

And if it is raining, then I blame Julie.

So it looks like this will become a regular event, with the clocks changing and weather getting better, lets hope more can come next month. And the breakfast wasn't too bad either.

SAM_3182.JPG

A great addition to the West Yorkshire calendar of events :-) Hit a rather large cats eye on the way back whilst going round some cyclists which has reshaped my chassis roll hoop :-/

IMG_0133.JPG

• Like 1

Brilliant day out, Robin, thank you, what a brilliant idea. Just when you think it is a pub meet and home, Barry comes up with a great idea to go to a Hall place for a car show.

DSC09974.thumb.JPG.5198538c653a13c45afaa0ae4d6e12c8.JPG

and then great idea number 2, lets go to the Oil Can Cafe, always a winner that one Barry

DSC09978.thumb.JPG.b24c94b23dda481d76728271788e3396.JPG

I will look forward to the next one. In the meantime here are some pictures from the car show.

DSC09975.thumb.JPG.22f03778a127cc234f779c003ba504a6.JPG

DSC09976.thumb.JPG.cc2e007fa914f6608032faba360bd054.JPG

DSC09977.thumb.JPG.d5a5f6084350b3d5f57c6df0424430c7.JPG

Sorry, Robin, about you getting wet, I need some practice with putting my roof up. You will be glad to know it is back to Westfielding now. MX5 is for Blyton only.

• Like 2