Yorkshire Area, Sunday breakfast meeting

Robin Parker (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

What does everyone think about having an additional meeting on either a Saturday or Sunday afternoon during the summer months?

This will run together with the Tuesday night meet at the Fox and Grapes, but at a different location, as they are quite busy on a weekend and some have said that it's too far to come on a week night. I have a place in mind but have not yet approached them as I want to get a feeling as to how many people are interested. I'd like to get more people to come along, so a weekend meeting could also include a run either to or from the pub.

Please let me know your thoughts and I can put something in place.

Edited by Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO
Change of title

...... and may get interlopers from areas further afield.

13 minutes ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

...... and may get interlopers from areas further afield.

Interlopers welcome, that's sort it what I was thinking about. Some may be more inclined to venture out on a weekend and with the possibility of a run as well.

Great Idea alongside with the usual meet, I struggle for time on a week night with kids. work etc

Sunday are better for quieter roads :t-up:

• Like 1

There will now be a Sunday Morning Breakfast Meeting on Sunday 19th March at the Red Kite on Denby Dale Road, Wakefield, WF4 3BB, just off J39, M1

The pub serves a full breakfast menu until 11:00, so meet up at around 10:30. If this is successful, then we'll make it a regular event taking place on the 3rd Sunday of the month.

Everyone welcome from wherever you're from.

This is NOT replacing the Fox and Grapes meeting, which will still be held on the 1st Tuesday.

• Like 1

Sounds good, Robin, I think we will pop along, it may be a boring motorway journey there but I can manufacture a more scenic route for the way home, good idea.

• Like 1

Hi Robin, I will be along but not on the first meet. Looking forward to it

• Like 1

Hi Robin, weather permitting I'll see you at the destination.

:lg-westy:

• Like 1

Had a drive to the pub this morning to try out the breakfast with @Rickyboy100, it was raining, so the Westfield's stayed at home. Good sized car park, with plenty of seating outside if the weather is good.

A full English is £6.99, and it's not too bad either, there's also bacon and sausage sarnies on the menu.

Lets hope the weather is good on the 19th, and hope to see you there.

• Like 1

Hi Robin

Andrew and I should be there.

Barry

• Like 1

Weather permitting I'll be coming along. I work with another member (not on the forum often) who lives practically next to the junction so he'll be coming too.

• Like 1