new printer needed

pete g

me printer has packed up so need new one  . recommendations of new one to buy .

need to be wifi and all in one  package  and reasonable print quality and reliability and reasonable cartridge replacement prices.

regards pete 

Documents (b/w or colour makes no difference) only, or also photos?

If documents only, no question, a laser printer.  If photos...  Boots photo print service and a laser printer?

I like Canon Pixma printers as they do excellent quality colour prints but cartridges (genuine Canon) are expensive

My canon pixma broke today. Printer head knackered. New head £30+ or just but another £49 pixma. 

However I think I will get one of these instead. Toner carts last 2500 prints and can be had for £20 ish. I only do 10 or so prints a week, so will last ages. 

HP get my vote, any of the OfficeJet MFDs

Scan, Print and copy all from one pretty decent package.

But don't install the full bloatware software pack, just stick with the boggo Windies drivers.

Look to spend approx £150

Seems a good idea Pete with just the inks to buy.  It is twice the price of an equivalent printer by canon though. If you do alot of printing it may be well worth it.