Posting rights???

Mat Jackson

Hi,

Do I need to be a full member to be able to post in any forums?  Thought this just required online registration? (Been out of the loop for a long time.....)

mat

Hi Mat, yes as a non-paying "trial member" you can post on the forum for 30days or 50 posts (whichever occurs first) after that you can still browse and read most areas of the club forum but in order to post you would either have to extend of the period of your trial by paying a small amount or alternatively become a full club member.

• 4 months later...

Thanks, this is why i cant post.  

Might be worth putting this in the sticky above

Cheers

22 minutes ago, NickBW said:

Thanks, this is why i cant post.  

Might be worth putting this in the sticky above

Cheers

It is all explained in the forum terms that you have to check a box to agree you have read when you sign up as a new member on the forum.

Forum Terms & Conditions:

This forum is the online site for chat and discussion for the Westfield Sports Car Club members, sponsors and trade members. In addition non-club members are welcome to have trial usage of the site for up to 30 days or 50 posts, whichever occurs first. There are some restrictions on trial members during this time as detailed below.

Making this a paid up member privilege means that the forum is full of useful and helpful info rather than spam, drivel* and flame wars.

Although it may seem unfair - as there's plenty of places on the web to post 'for free' - it really works for us and has kept this place a reliable and friendly source of Westy related info.

*note we do have a 'stuff and nonsense' section for that though, so can cater for all tastes really :d

• Like 1

The other thing to remember is that we own our own disc space on our own server and this is one of the things that's enabled us to do the sort of Boardroom updates we've been doing and to host the photographs for members. This is not "free", the membership fees go towards many aspects of the club, this is another small part of that.

We also take members security seriously when they are on line, again, there are costs annual associated with this, (ssl certificates etc).

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I was a member for 15 years . I no longer have a Westy but maintain a close interest in the Speed Series. I would like to still be able to post there and pass on any experience I gained from competing all those years to any newbies. Stu

1 hour ago, woodman said:

I was a member for 15 years . I no longer have a Westy but maintain a close interest in the Speed Series. I would like to still be able to post there and pass on any experience I gained from competing all those years to any newbies. Stu

Unfortunately you’d need to be a full member to be able to continue to post there.