Great Northern Weekend Tour (All Areas) - 5th/6th August

Onliest Smeg David

3 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Well - a hectic week and weekend has meant I didn't get around to finalising B&Bs (& cancelling 2nd B&B) and booking table for Saturday evening meal. So you have until this Friday to come on board.

Current 11 weekenders are:

@John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary/Lou

@BigSkyBrad/Diana

@Bigchris092/friend

@W Shep

@AdamR

@Terryathome

Me/Wendz

I'll send out emails with confirmation, further details and B&B payment begining of next week.

Day 1 route is in hand, but It would be a great help if one of you was able to plan Day 2 route back South via NY Moors/Dales etc. (if so let me know)

All't'best

I can point you to some routes if you like? You will be covering a lot of our usual 'playground' I reckon.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:50, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Well - a hectic week and weekend has meant I didn't get around to finalising B&Bs (& cancelling 2nd B&B) and booking table for Saturday evening meal. So you have until this Friday to come on board.

Current 11 weekenders are:

@John Williams - WSCC Competition Secretary/Lou @Mrs Panda

@BigSkyBrad/Diana

@Bigchris092/friend

@W Shep

@AdamR

@Terryathome

Me/Wendz

I'll send out emails with confirmation, further details and B&B payment begining of next week.

Finalising done :):)

eMail sent out......

I'll be turning out for one of the days or two weather dependent. 

38 minutes ago, tex said:

I'll be turning out for one of the days or two weather dependent. 

Assuming weather is good we're heading up to Hawick to meet up and then a blat through the borders, Kielder and to Alston for lunch. 

Many thanks Adam & Wayne for prompt B&B payment :yes::)

Thanks to Brad for payment too.

Pub for meal is 10 mins walk, or a taxi from B&B (may depend on weather).

Routes can be shortened if people wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Space Available....

Unfortunately one of our party cannot now make the trip. So there is a bed going spare in a 3 bedded family room if anyone would like to join us.

If so Drop me a pm with your number and I'll phone back.

Saturday We're leaving Ramsbottom area 720am, breakfast in Stavely nr Kendal 900-1000am.

Sorry to have dropped out peeps - too much on at the moment and I need the weekend (or at least most of it) to sort my life out... :( As Dave says, it's all paid for so please feel free to take my bed!

@Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO There are six of us heading to Hawick tomorrow for 10.30am. 

Not sure how far south and west we'll go with you as the rain will be heading from the west in the afternoon I reckon. 

So you still up for it or planning a dash south instead?

we can easily change our plans last minute so no worries either way :t-up:

Yea I've seen the rain approaching seems tea time it'll be defo Alston area or before. I was planning on going Keilder, Alston, Barnard castle, teesside. If it rains I'll deal with it.. Lol :sun:

The total run time for me is 6hr 30min. Leaving at 8am that gets me home about 2-3pm without stops added in. So I might just if I'm lucky get ahead of it.. If your going south I'm afraid it looks bleak! But it's summer rain... Refreshing.. :d

Back home after a great weekend away. For our first overnighter away, with people we've not met before, we couldn't have traveled with a nicer bunch of folk - easy to talk with, and plenty to talk about, great group etiquette when driving as a bunch (shame the tintops holding us up couldn't be the same) and a nice spirited pace without silliness.

Thanks to Dave for his efforts in setting up the weekend, and thanks to the bunch for welcoming us. Special thanks to the guys for fault-finding why my car wouldn't start this morning (found to be a dodgy fuel pump relay) - sorry you had to shorten your long-way-home because of it, but your determination to sort my car showed you to be superb ambassadors for the club. Gold star for all!

Just back home in heavy rain:marto:, which started as drizzle at 3pm escalating before Kettlewell.

An EPIC weekend, loved it. Whisker short of 500 miles.

Thanks to all for joining in, especially Brad and Diane coming out with strange folk :p

Unfortunately we couldn't fix Chris's alternator near Buckden. Hope you had a good meal at pub Chris n Jo before your rescuer arrived with battery, and get back safe n sound.

Well done John for doing a grand job of trying to keep up in his substitute steed :yes:

& many thanks to Terry & Wayne for taking on some Nav duties.

Have to sort another in 2018 :yellow-westy: as some unfinished roads up there.

Oh -- & well done Wendz for coping with such sprightly and lengthy drive as passenger:love:

Sorry we couldn't meet up - but due to a couple of "issues" of our own, we ended up heading back.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves - some great roads up there!

Was a shame.

Sure is, we'll be back!