Oil Can Cafe, Sun 19th Feb

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Meet at The Wheatsheaf, Baslow, DE45 1SR and be ready to leave at midday. Come earlier if you want a brew/lunch. It is a one hour journey to the Oil Can Cafe and we will be meeting the North West Kit Car Owners Group there just after 1pm.

Weather permitting, dare I say.

I should be there Julie.

Barry

• Like 1

Hoping to meet up with NWKCOG and head over.

• Like 1

We will be heading up to the Wheatsheaf for about 11am :)

Anyone else want to meet/travel up to Baslow?

• Like 1

I'm travelling across with the Tigers so hope to see you at the Oil Can Cafe :white-westy:

• Like 1

I'm hoping to be at the cafe for 1.

• Like 1

Wow, it's going to be quite a turn out tomorrow AND the weather is looking good. See you at The Wheatsheaf 11am.

Well except for Andy and a Tiger, who are calling for me at 10.30 am. Purr.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the run today but it was a bit embarrassing when Julie tried to destroy the cafe we called at on the way back home lol 

IMG-20170219-WA0022.jpg

IMG-20170219-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20170219-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20170219-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170219-WA0011.jpg

Good to see you all today, even if I didn't get to drive with you. I had an uneventful wet, slow, foggy route home by myself but with no breakdown truck :laugh:

• Like 2

Great pictures Andy, please thank Debbie for taking the ones in motion too. So, we are NOT mentioning the broken flower vase are we? eh? I can walk into a cafe and wreck the joint, in fact I am an expert at it.

The usual, we met at The Wheatsheaf, Martyn and Sue, Big Andy and Debbie, Lee and us. Lee is a Westfield owner who lives in Chesterfield, his car is very track focused. It has an Astra GTE engine, so I am OK with the red top, Vauxhall bit, but then it has Cosworth la la bit and lots of other things done to it. Whoosh, straight over my head, Lee told me so fast I am unable to repeat it. He has spent a lot of money and it is very much more powerful. What was nice is that he took the time to discuss air flow, fuelling and engines and that Andy has got 40 webers on and not 45's because it is a 1600, that made sense.

DSC09896.JPG.

We enjoyed a great drive to the Oil Can Cafe, it's a brill road (perhaps I have mentioned that fact before) it terrifies me, yet it is so very exciting, it is addictive. It was a bit damp today, I think Lee found it fun in his car!!

Barry was waiting for us, Robin soon joined us and then Matty Catty fetched his supercharged S2000 engined car out, which we haven't seen for a while.

DSC09897.JPG

The others arrived a short while later, making a total of 16 cars, so many that my panorama shot could not get them all in.

DSC09902.JPG

DSC09914.JPG

DSC09905.JPG

A friendly Bentley driver and his wife parked nearby and gave us a wave as they went. It was showroom immaculate, stunning.

DSC09909.JPG

After lunch with @IanK we wiggled our way back along our favourite road, which was marginally slippier than on the outward journey, and to the Insomnia cafe at Calver crossroads for a bit of cake and car watching.

Lambo didn't disappoint. Capri, Saab, not bad for February.

DSC09915.JPG

Lee found my car so funny, it is the exact opposite of his, a bling car he said, with the spare wheel still attached, a brolly, a roof, cuddly toy and punk fairy stickers on it, but I love all her meager 141 horses and the fun she gives me on the road.

Thank you to everyone that joined us today, it's been fun, fun, fun, don't forget, don't mention the flower vase.

• Like 2

@julie glad to see you managed some cake today :bc:

• Like 1

• Like 3

Ok Julie we won't mention the vase.....….......however here is one that survived!

image.jpg

We had a great day, good to see everyone again. Mostly good weather but a little drizzly at times after leaving the sun behind around Ashbourne. It was a pleasant drive home feeling very mild and much like a summer night. We got home around 7pm having covered approximately 180 miles!

• Like 2