Very good price?

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Seems very cheap, specially with the spares. But then I'm not familiar with Indy pricing. You do have to wonder whether the seller suspect it might be more than just gummed up carbs needing fettling. 

The trouble is with kits, there are a surprising number of owners, who, perhaps because the "hobby" element is such a big part of ownership, or perhaps it's something to do with building them and purchasing the parts over time, spreading the perceived cost, but they just don't seem to really attach even a basic market value to them when it comes to selling. They're just punted out for an amount, that I presume, is either the minimum the owner was happy with, or perhaps just the amount necessary to start the next project.

Thats their choice of course. And if it was a Ford Focus, or a VW Golf etc. the market is so large, it would have a real effect. The kit car market is very different, especially with known brands, like Westfield, MK etc and with known "classes" of car, like "Sevens", it's not uncommon for anyone in the market to have seen literally every advert on a mainstream site, like the owners club, Piston Heads etc. So the really cheap, undersold cars stand out, and especially if there's not many of that brand around at that moment in time, for sale, they create a precedent and give the buyers a (hopefully) false idea of what cars should be selling at.

It looks a bargain to me.... you won't get much westsfield for the money, even off TVR Glen

3 minutes ago, DamperMan said:

It looks a bargain to me.... you won't get much westsfield for the money, even off TVR Glen

TVR Glen would have it advertised at double that, then in the very small print at the bottom, would tell you that any nice/valuable bits shown in the photo had actually already been removed and weren't included in the sale!

• Like 1

I have the trailer and could probably muster the cash, but have no garage room unfortunately. Anyway, I use my Westfield only on track days now and I don't have a need for a second track day car.

sold

1 hour ago, syman84 said:

sold

Oh well, that solves that dilemma then! :rolleyes:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.