Just signed up

Nail it

Well hello everyone 

just signed up to this forum as looking to get into the world off Westfield.

hope to get a car very soon, to use for trackday fun and maybe even enter the speed series if I am quick enough, but hopping to just have fun with likeminded people.

have done quite a few track days in the past but in tin tops, but looking for a new fun, quick and lively rwd car and the Westfield looks just right for that.

anyway hope to find the right car soon and any help that you can offer would be great as I haven't got a clue about them, but think I would be better off with a car engine, due to my size (15 stone) plus I like to have passengers, also I do like speed lol, so would like to get a car with a strong power to weight ratio, other than that like I said any advise would be great and if I already have it wrong then please say as I am not one to get all upset about it as like I said I no nothing about it all 

cheers duncan

Welcome 

Where are you based in the country? A local area meet is a good place to start

26 minutes ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

Where are you based in the country? A local area meet is a good place to start

Just a wild stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing Duncan is located in Northants  :d

:ww:

• Like 1

Cheers for the hi's

as said Northamptonshire, and a local meet would be great to find my feet, been looking in the for sale section and see one very local to me that looks very well set up and could be worth a look even if it's just to see what's it all about 

There are some fantastic cars for sale currently, and even amongst them, James's car stands out, especially if you have a hankering for the Speed Series.

Try and get to see as many cars as possible before buying, even if you do end up buying one of the first you looked at, in the end. It will give you a much better feel for what you're looking at. 

They don't even have to be cars for sale! Just an evening, or an afternoon etc at a meet or event, having a close look at the Westfields there and chatting about them with the owners* will multiply your knowledge and confidence a hundredfold.

*For some strange reason :oops: some people occasionally feel shy when looking at Westfields at shows/meets and nervous about asking questions. Whilst it's true, some of us do look a bit scary, :p trust me, pretty much every single one of us is just eager to bore you to death with all the info you could possibly want about their car :blush: :d

Dont feel like you can only visit one Area either, no one is "assigned" to any particular area, many of us go to more than one meet, where there are other Areas conveniently close. (We also do lots of runs over the course of a year, where several Areas get together).

Shameless plug time! If you join the club fully as a paid up member, the club discount off things like your insurance, from one of our  insurers like A Plan, etc will cover some of your membership cost, straight away!! ;)

• Like 1

Hey mate, come over and see the blue car if you wish.  I am near Northampton and happy to take you for a run....

Hi, I'm sure Q will be along soon to say you would be made very welcome at The Aviator, Sywell, Monday 13th.

Cheers

Gary

Did someone call? ;)

Welcome Duncan :ww:  The Northants WSCC group meet every 2nd Monday of the month (the 13th of Feb) at The Aviator hotel in Sywell, from 19:30 onwards.  You'll be most welcome to pick our brains, although it will be unlikely any of us will show up in our Westies ;)   I'm going to assume the 'local' car is @alexander72's incredibly fast ex-sprint car?  You will not be disappointed if you go check that one out :t-up:

Hi 

will do my best to pop over, but all depends on work

plus you are right about the car, after a nice chat tonight, I am going to view the car Saturday 

Another :ww: from Essex.    Rockingham is a favourite with the Essex Boyz for trackdays, we went twice last year and no doubt we'll be back again this year.   Good luck finding yer Westfield pal.