Narrow bonnet

stevebogg

Hello wonder if anyone on here could help ?

I am after a new bonnet (or good second hand one) for my 1989 SEI . I have tried since the beginning of December to get Aerodynamix to make me one but all I get is "we,ll ring you back" and they never have despite me ringing several times and dropped them an e-mail ....no reply !

So if anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much

Thanks

Steve

Great stuff thanks very much...didn't even give them a thought !!

22 minutes ago, Mark Wendon (smokey mow) - WSCC Club Secretary said:

Narrow "standard" body parts are still available directly from Westfield. There's a green one on offer here as an example 

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/newly-added?page=2

Er, it must have widened in the last few minutes - that's a standard width one.

Narrows can be ordered here:

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/body-interior-electrical/bodywork?product_id=543

1 hour ago, Arm said:

I also have a requirement for a narrow body bonnet. Highline.

Not having much luck so considering making or having one made in ally !

I was looking at getting an aluminium bonnet made for my pre-lit. Quotes were a bit eye-watering and mine doesn't even have the swage line on it!

3 hours ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

Er, it must have widened in the last few minutes - that's a standard width one.

Narrows can be ordered here:

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/body-interior-electrical/bodywork?product_id=543

Err standard body is what we on here call a narrow. 

At Westfield Sports Cars narrows are more correctly called "Standard Body"which aptly describes the fact that they were the "Standard" until such time as the "Wide" option came along. It was only then at a much later date that they stopped producing the "Standard Body" and the only option thereafter was the wide body.

The wide body may now be the only chassis offered by Westfield but this in itself does not make it "Standard", that Monica is still reserved for what we affectionately call the Narrow body :)

Who's Monica?

Funny, the rest of the WSC Ltd parts section refers to bonnets in either wide or narrow, nothing in standard.

2 minutes ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

Who's Monica?

Funny, the rest of the WSC Ltd parts section refers to bonnets in either wide or narrow, nothing in standard.

Just this one then ;)

image.jpg

Surely standard should be a Narrow Lowline as that came first. Both these Narrow and Wide are highline. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

What is 'Highline and Lowline ?  Will the V8 bonnet fit my SEW.   Monica who is she? 

Monica = name.

• 3 weeks later...

What colour is the bonnet? Is it uncut? 

Regards Adam