New member saying Hi..

Jim G

7 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Joint Essex AO said:

:ww: from Essex.

Another real engine!

Yes, one that goes:d

2 hours ago, syman84 said:

Welcome

An 1840cc mighty crossflow are you sure that has to be lively if it is.

cant wait on the spec

It's an 1840 using an 831C block. I'm waiting for Graham to get back to me with the full spec. But he told me that it's certainly a lively beast :d

Welcome to the club. We often head up to North Yorkshire, so hope to catch up with you sometime.

7 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Welcome to the club. We often head up to North Yorkshire, so hope to catch up with you sometime.

That would be great :yes:

And club night is the first Tuesday every month at The Fox and Grapes pub on A64 just off the A1

:ww: from another ex-biker, there are a lot of us around here! :d

Just got some of the spec on the engine today... may be of interest to some of the x flow fans .

1840cc 160/170 bhp  

80.8m stroke steel bda crank
Cosworth rods
Cosworth bdt pistons
AX Ford competition block
A6 Cam
Cosworth valve gear/ duplex
Twin Weber 45's 
Built by Graham Hickman (Teme valley race engine design) now at Group B Motorsport.
Edited by Jim G
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Car looks like a real find, the engine spec looks superb - you can't beat the sound of a well sorted X-flow - I bet it revs well :d

Welcome to the club

Welcome. Interesting to see car with a '52' plate and a Flow motor, that must be a very rare beast indeed.

Good to know Graham is still about. He did work for me on a few cars in the distant past. Curved the distributor and set up the carb on my Cobra copy, put a pair of new carbs and set up the XFlow in the Westy about a year after it was on the road and also set up another V8 for me in a Marcos we used to have.

I recall turning up to his workshop as he was running his hillclimb car on the rollers. Impressive, as was the amount of tyre rubber stuck to the walls & ceiling!  Proper nice chap too.

...and 1840 in a Xflow - that must be pretty impressive. Keen to see that spec as well.