Zetec thermostat housing

Sparkymart

Anyone got the above thermostat housing the type with the threaded holes to take the screw in temp sender. 

The one on the left. Needed to get the car back on the road until I can sort out a raceline water rail 

Thanks 

20170105_193731.jpg

Its a Mondeo one that your looking for if that helps search on the internet or ebay etc. I had this issue and managed to get one from a scrap yard 2.0 Mondeo blacktop that fitted onto my new focus 2.0 after some cleaning.

10 hours ago, Beggers said:

Its a Mondeo one that your looking for if that helps search on the internet or ebay etc. I had this issue and managed to get one from a scrap yard 2.0 Mondeo blacktop that fitted onto my new focus 2.0 after some cleaning.

Cheers  do you know what year? I've looked in every scrap yard near me and even the ones on ebay don't seem to have the threaded holes  I'm getting desperate now  the date stamp on mine is 1999 but all the focus and mondeo of that year have been different 

Mine came from a 2000 w reg Ghia estate.

engine code is NGD which was last of blacktops like an in life revision to them I understand.

Thank beggers I've found loads that will fit and has all the right ports but it's just the threaded hole for the temp sender I can't find 

I've got a complete push in housing with the sender still fitted to it if of any use , I assume the only difference is the sender ? , send you a photo tonight if it helps .

I transferred my housing  off my old Zetec.  This had both upper and lower screw in sensors.  My NEW "2005" crate engine came with a housing with un-drilled holes. Breathly i considered drilling them out..   The old Zetec had 98 date stamp and was from a  Mondeo if that helps.   The part should have a part number on it and maybe google will be your friend.    You may want also to get a new seal, a detail I also found was the square section seal to mount it was also different between early and late.  The early one was a bigger diameter compared to the new one.   Lucky my old seal was in really good condition to transfer it over.  

On 1/23/2017 at 08:17, Sparkymart said:

Thank beggers I've found loads that will fit and has all the right ports but it's just the threaded hole for the temp sender I can't find 

A smiths 1/8NPT sender fits in the hole where the blue sensor is on your picture.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauge-sender-units/smiths-water-temperature-sender-for-telemetrix-and-international-gauges

On 30/01/2017 at 10:14, DamperMan said:

I transferred my housing  off my old Zetec.  This had both upper and lower screw in sensors.  My NEW "2005" crate engine came with a housing with un-drilled holes. Breathly i considered drilling them out..   The old Zetec had 98 date stamp and was from a  Mondeo if that helps.   The part should have a part number on it and maybe google will be your friend.    You may want also to get a new seal, a detail I also found was the square section seal to mount it was also different between early and late.  The early one was a bigger diameter compared to the new one.   Lucky my old seal was in really good condition to transfer it over.  

That's the same date stamp as mine the only one I can find on Google is  over £100 so I might as well get a water rail and be done with it

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.