Recommend me a Smallish SUV for the Memsahib (and for me, of course

Stuart

I dont get the 'if you need 4wd you need to get a proper one' mentality. I dont need a Westfield or an MX5 but I've got them and they are great. I dont need a 4X4 suv but Ive got one and its great. I dont need a 4wd Audi but I've had them and they are great.

Who cares how many wheels are driven on next doors car.

As far as I'm concerned my 4wd Audi is better in the winter or wet than the FWD version. My 4X4 suv is better towing the big trailer than a non 4X4. 

Just cos I dont off road doesnt mean I cant have the benefits of 4wd.

Much like I like the benefit of 4 wheel brakes.

• Like 1

Also don't get the responses to the ops post - he's asking for advice on a small SUV, not whether or not he should have 4x4 and if so which small hatch/saloon/estate is best. I like SUV's, I don't drive one but have had a few and they're great. RussH's CX5 is a lovely example.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arm said:

I dont get the 'if you need 4wd you need to get a proper one' mentality. I dont need a Westfield or an MX5 but I've got them and they are great. I dont need a 4X4 suv but Ive got one and its great. I dont need a 4wd Audi but I've had them and they are great.

Who cares how many wheels are driven on next doors car.

As far as I'm concerned my 4wd Audi is better in the winter or wet than the FWD version. My 4X4 suv is better towing the big trailer than a non 4X4. 

Just cos I dont off road doesnt mean I cant have the benefits of 4wd.

Much like I like the benefit of 4 wheel brakes.

The OP wanted a 4x4 SUV - hence the get a "proper 4x4 SUV" comment - this is based on either the track needs a 4wd SUV or it doesn't - if the OP just wanted a 2wd car shaped like an SUv he probably would have mentioned it,
My Golf R is 4wd so have been my Audis, scoobys, and my EVO VI. 
OP didn't ask for that though

xx

Erm yes! Awesome. But license losing if you can't/won't be sensible! I had the estate version and it's just about the best car out there, but glad I only had it for a short time as the power is insane and I could easily have got into trouble. Alright if you're more sensible than i am though!! Can't fit a towbar due to the tight 4x4 chassis layout though, hence didn't last for me.

1 hour ago, AllanI said:

You can get a 4WD Suzuki Swift but it's not an SUV ! Interested to see if you like the SEAT.

Allan

Its the SX4  and we had one as the vehicle 'of power and style' Wife called it the sh17suki.................. Say no more.........

12 minutes ago, Steven (Steve T) - Joint Thames Valley AO said:

Range Rover Evoque is a nice place to be in and drive.

4/5 of my neighbours can't be wrong!

On 13/01/2017 at 21:58, Stuart said:

Golf R could be in the frame actually. Is it good?

Epically so - was looking at an M4 or F-Type and the Mrs wanted a golf R - test drove it and bought it myself. DSG and launch mode is much fun, its planted and its comfy when it wants to be - a lot of car for the $$$