Type 9 meets Zetec

Quinten

Q

Have you still got your old crossflow ?

if you have you could measure the distance from clutch face of flywheel to face of engine block on both units, you may find the profile on the zetec flywheel pushes the clutch face closer to gearbox ( hope I've explained that clearly)  that would explain why your gearbox / clutch set up worked on xflow and not on zetec, you may need different clutch altogether. I have part numbers somewhere if you need them. 

M

No, the Crossflow has long been gone :down:

So far all posts I've seen with the two release bearings for a type 9 setup indicate that the bearing I have is already the smaller of the two (CCT132 aka Sierra type).

release%20bearing.JPG

That type 9 bearing, on the left, see the little lug in the slot sticking outwards in the middle of the orange box part. Thats what you should have..

Am I correct thinking your re-using your old xflow clutch ? 

9 minutes ago, Quinten said:

2017-01-14 12.04.37.jpg

Haven't I got that then?

Difficult to see in the cack, but cant see it. You usually have to pry the bearing off the arm with a screwdriver. Also, with regards to arms, Ford supplied different arms for different cars. I have no idea what, but the RS2000 was a specific to use and usually mated with the alloy bellhousing. You may need to find the finis number off the bellhousing and find the corresponding arm that goes with it.

3 minutes ago, Quinten said:

No, I got the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate from the engine seller.

Ah ok sorry my mistake, strange then that he was using this set up with no issues ! 

I take it he had type 9 gearbox also ? 

@Thrustyjust

2017-01-14 12.04.37.jpg

I thought you referred to the large metal 'extrusion' on both sides, but now I'm thinking you refer to the springy slips that sit inside the indentation?

I have no reason to doubt that my arm is not the correct arm for the bellhousing though.

@Marto303, no he has a MT75.

Ok just to clarify the engine and clutch set up you bought was being used with MT75 gearbox ? Your now trying to use the same with type 9 gearbox ?

In that slot, in the middle of the arrows there should be a metal tang sticking up to hold the bearing, its not there, possibly broken off.

@Marto303, apologies if this has not been clear from the start.  The engine, flywheel, clutch and cover plate I bought were used with a MT75.  And I am now trying to fit it to my Sierra Type 9 with an RS2000 bellhousing that previously worked for decades on a Crossflow.

@Thrustyjust, ah ok, yes there is nothing there.  Won't help me with the height of the bearing though, so at this point I'm not sure what to do with that info :t-up: