Type 9 meets Zetec

Quinten

Unknown.  I asked the seller and the reply was "Clutch and flywheel are original Westfield standard, but unfortunately that is as much as know…..".

Q,

Doing a bit more googling throws up a few Ford forum discussions about the Zetec clutch / flywheel difference for the 1.8 / 2.0 engines and Type 9 gearbox and that for the 2.0 you need a QH CCT303 (from 1970's Ford Transit) - I assume because it's thinner but couldn't be certain as it's difficult to find the actual dimensions

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=281783

There's a QH CCT303 on eBay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/361883495677

For £5 plus p&p may be worth a punt or contact the seller and ask him to measure it?

Agree it's a nightmare but that's kit cars for you :(

Other option would be to go for a lightweight flywheel and a known cover / release bearing setup but that'll be the best part of £250 (and the rest) .....

On 22/01/2017 at 12:30, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Here's my distance from block to clutch fingers 84mm

I've had a quick measure, but my flywheel alone is already 56mm.  It also looks different 'en-profile' from yours.

2017-01-23 17.55.25.jpg

2 hours ago, tisme said:

Q,

Doing a bit more googling throws up a few Ford forum discussions about the Zetec clutch / flywheel difference for the 1.8 / 2.0 engines and Type 9 gearbox and that for the 2.0 you need a QH CCT303 (from 1970's Ford Transit) - I assume because it's thinner but couldn't be certain as it's difficult to find the actual dimensions

http://www.turbosport.co.uk/showthread.php?t=281783

There's a QH CCT303 on eBay at the moment http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/361883495677

For £5 plus p&p may be worth a punt or contact the seller and ask him to measure it?

Agree it's a nightmare but that's kit cars for you :(

Other option would be to go for a lightweight flywheel and a known cover / release bearing setup but that'll be the best part of £250 (and the rest) .....

Comparing images, to me it looks like the CCT303 is higher in profile than the CCT132.

I know you're trying to keep the costs under control, but I really would consider fitting a lighter flywheel. Those heavy pot type flywheels really do nothing for the driving experience in a Westfield.

If it's of any use, here is a picture of my flywheel and bell housing on a zetec engine supplied by the WF factory.

DSC_9943.JPG

DSC_9946.JPG

2017-01-23 17.55.17.jpg

2017-01-23 17.55.40.jpg

Yes, my flywheel is a beast.  And yes, if I did have a little money left then I would have loved a lighter one.  But it worked for several years fine in another Westfield, so it will have to be on the 'todo' list for the future.

@Nick Mace, thanks for the pictures, it looks different again (although just as thick?).

The standard zetec 1.8 flywheel is both cheep and fairly available.  I did a find-a-part and paid about £30...  It's a lot lighter than the 2.0.   Unless I've thrown it away I have a standard 2.0 zetec one which looked much thinner than the one you have..    I'll check in the morning your welcome to it for free if I still have it. 

• Like 1

That is a massive monster. I would rather get it changed now, as its a ballache having to strip it out . It may even be the problem with the clutch. Many places do lightened flywheels for not a huge amount.

IMG_4529.JPGIMG_4530.JPG

the pics are of a 2l one I have spare.  I think because the clutch is recessed it would need a different pressure plate unless it had the lip machined off and balenced.    It might be what the one you have is.