NOW RECOVERED- westfield stolen please keep your eyes peeled- NOW RECOVERED

pete g

48 minutes ago, Crash test dummy said:

Thanks John. It's in amazing condition considering.

If it was sold to some unsuspecting individual I feel sorry for them as they will have been as much a victim as the owner of the car.. scum bags...

I saw a post where a guy tracked his bike down to Romania took the Romanian police to the seller and reclaimed his bike...

Well done for recovering it.

On 30/11/2021 at 22:03, Pco said:

If it was sold to some unsuspecting individual I feel sorry for them as they will have been as much a victim as the owner of the car.. scum bags...

I saw a post where a guy tracked his bike down to Romania took the Romanian police to the seller and reclaimed his bike...

Well done for recovering it.

i don't think the guy who had it was 100% innocent . but time will tell .give him the benefit of doubt until  his story is investigated. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

That’s fantastic news Steve.
It was ironic that we chatting about it at your last meeting at Loton. 

Strange how you think about things i probably thought about this car in question maybe two weeks ago and thought i wonder what happened to that only because i saw another westfield for sale on a salvage auction and some low life scum had stolen it and tried to grind the chassis numbers out of it  and either given up or got caught halfway through the job but i hope he managed to cut the first three fingers off his right hand with the grinder  before he got caught you can but live in hope  anyway the car has been found and hopefully the police will investigate..

• Like 2

On 03/12/2021 at 07:30, Nic Chase (NICO) - Shropshire & Mid-Wales AO said:

That’s fantastic news Steve.
It was ironic that we chatting about it at your last meeting at Loton. 

Yes it's a funny old world isn't it. People often ask me about it, even after all this time.

I've had a chance to have a good look around it now and it's fair to say that it's just been neglected rather than abused. It's been stored outside at some stage so there's some evidence of water damage but as long as I can get a new homolgation sticker for the cage and repair the cracked bonnet it should just need some elbow grease rather than £s.

I haven't tried to start it yet so that could be a game changer but initial indications are good.

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone.

• Like 2

• Ian Kinder (Bagpuss) - Joint Peak District AO changed the title to NOW RECOVERED- westfield stolen please keep your eyes peeled- NOW RECOVERED