Scrubbing up your Zorst.

Stu Faulkner

2 hours ago, SootySport said:

Most definitely if it's Westfield Part,  mine cracked early last year in exactly the same place,  a good welder can do the properly for you.

Weld doesn't look the best :(

Do they make those in house?

They used to when mine was made but now everything is sourced from outside.

I have to admit that in the photo it looks like a crack.

The weld stops abruptly and there must have been dirt in there or a bad shadow, I m not sure but I have just looked and its not cracked.

Crap welding but not cracked.:o

Westfield's exhausts have been mainly from Motad for years and years. I had one of their (Motad made) silencers on my original car, back in 2004.

• Like 1

I'm suprised Stu could find any rags to polish his Zorst with :cry:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IanK said:

I'm suprised Stu could find any rags to polish his Zorst with :cry:

Isn't it amazing how quick you can go off people. ??? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finkangel said:

Isn't it amazing how quick you can go off people. ??? ;)

That's just like a red RAG to a bull. Oops I've said it again :cry: Do you think there could be a rogue rag in my ECU?

• Like 2

It all goes to show that simple mistakes are made simply. The more complicated things need more thought and time so you tend to spot the errors. I'm just glad it was me being simple. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice, bought some Harpic x10 and Autosol, 10 minutes with the Harpic and a scotch bright and 5 minutes polishing with the Autosol and WOW you can see your reflection in the stainless exhaust. Just looking forward to hopefully seeing the blue on the pipes that I haven't seen since new.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, yellow perilous said:

Thanks for the advice, bought some Harpic x10 and Autosol, 10 minutes with the Harpic and a scotch bright and 5 minutes polishing with the Autosol and WOW you can see your reflection in the stainless exhaust. Just looking forward to hopefully seeing the blue on the pipes that I haven't seen since new.

Just make sure you have washed all the Harpic off.:)

• Like 1