Scrubbing up your Zorst.

Stu Faulkner

Otherwise known as polishing your tail pipe.

I have dropped on a few of those daft youtube videos that say that you can clean your pipes with bleach.

I have since tried it and it doesn't work. OK its now clean enough to eat your dinner off but not as shiny as we want.

Since bleach is an alkali what about acid, No i'm not going there.

There is something else though.

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4763.JPG

Its not a very good picture (or two) but you can clearly see its silver rather than gold.

I know it hasn't cleaned the black bits and if anything they no stand out more because they contrast against the silver. This process believe it or no took 60 seconds with a light tooth brush action.'What is it ' I hear you cry, well incredibly...

IMG_4764.JPG

Now its up to you if you try it as because it kills lime scale it must contain acid so..

Wear gloves, don't get it on the bodywork, rinse thoroughly and don't use the wifes tooth brush. (although she may get lovely white teeth but breath like a toilet)

I'm not saying it beats autosol and a hard days scrubbing but 60 seconds to from gold to silver..and it happens before your eyes..:o

Disclaimer - dont blame me if your body work melts or your wife hates you for using the bog cleaner and her toothbrush...you have been warned.

• Like 1

One of my contractors mentioned some stuff he used on his motorbike exhaust and said it was amazing . I will find out what it is. It means you toilets stay clean in the house and the wife might not be dead from cleaning her teeth , which means the washing and cleaning can continue :d

• Like 1

Harpic contains hydrochloric acid, and hydrochloric acid attacks stainless steel, the end result could be much worse than using the wife's toothbrush :oops:

• Like 1

What about Coca Cola, it does wonders for coins and suchlike? 

46 minutes ago, Julie (One Careful Lady Owner) - Peak District AO said:

Harpic contains hydrochloric acid, and hydrochloric acid attacks stainless steel, the end result could be much worse than using the wife's toothbrush :oops:

This thread does come with a warning. :)

i will finish it off with a good metal polish but I'm interested in the Coca Cola idea :oops:

Autossol does the job for a bit, then you just can't get rid of the ****!!!

9 minutes ago, Sycho said:

Autossol does the job for a bit, then you just can't get rid of the ****!!!

It also stinks when you start the car 

Is this metal polish for people who are obsessed with cleaning there tail pipe?:oops::getmecoat:

Image result for anusol

• Like 5

On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 20:09, finkangel said:

Otherwise known as polishing your tail pipe.

I have dropped on a few of those daft youtube videos that say that you can clean your pipes with bleach.

I have since tried it and it doesn't work. OK its now clean enough to eat your dinner off but not as shiny as we want.

Since bleach is an alkali what about acid, No i'm not going there.

There is something else though.

IMG_4762.JPG

Is that a crack near the weld? :o

Anyone that gets really fed up of polishing there pipe :) camcoat offer a variety of different colour ceramic coatings; 

http://www.camcoat.com/main/ 

5 hours ago, CosKev said:

Is that a crack near the weld? :o

Anyone that gets really fed up of polishing there pipe :) camcoat offer a variety of different colour ceramic coatings; 

http://www.camcoat.com/main/ 

Most definitely if it's Westfield Part,  mine cracked early last year in exactly the same place,  a good welder can do the properly for you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

Was contemplating getting my exhaust camcoated next winter time. Budgets were screwed this year, strangely

Had mine done satin black,was just over £200 that was for a four branch BEC manifold and a standard size 5 inch Westfield silencer :)

just finished making up my exhaust for my turbo conversion so that will be going for the same treatment shortly