Hood frame for SEiW

RMarine (Paul)

Hi 

I am looking for a frame for my hood. needs to fit an SEiW

What roll over bar do you have?

Mine didn't require frame when I had RAC rop.

19 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

What roll over bar do you have?

Mine didn't require frame when I had RAC rop.

hi 

im not sure, so i have attached a few pic of it

Thanks 

IMG_0273 (1).jpg

3IMG_0277.jpg

That's what's known as a JAP bar and you'll definitely require a frame to fit hood.

That's the standard later style, (sometimes known as JAP) roll bar.

You need a frame for the hood, with that one. Though to be honest, when it tried a hood without a frame on my old RAC bar, I hated it, not enough head room, and the back looked a pigs ear, from the outside. But I guess I'm quite long backed, and do tend to use the car with the hood up quite a bit...

Hood on RAC bar did require fabrication of a single aly roof bar for above head clearance & better fit to stop flapping.

• Like 1

Just now, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Hood on RAC bar did require fabrication of a single aly roof bar for above head clearance & better fit to stop flapping.

Ah, I can see that working :t-up:

sorry, I didn't explain myself correctly:(.

I already have a frame, but is in bad condition and I have to fight with it every time I use it. 

I just want a new one, but Westfield doesn't seem to sell them separately.

Thanks both for trying to help :)

They do need to be quite tight at the riveted hinges to work properly, so even a "good" one will be slightly stiff feeling.

But they can twist and get damaged in use - particularly corrosion getting in there.

The twisting is relatively easy to solve, just taking them off the car, and carefully bending them back, ideally on a flat surface can help.

The corrosion is a bit trickier. I keep promising myself I'll look into taking one apart, so that it can be re-powder coated, and then riveting it; just need to look into getting spare rivets - in the old days, with access to a full metal working workshop, I just used to make them!

I have a spare frame.  I'll check it out later and send some pictures.

I think it's ok I've never used it

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.