Tyres

MarkBishop

@AdamR

I was actually referring to differences between various 1B tyres not necessarily being significant.

As opposed to ZZR 1C compared to 1B options which I totally agree produce a significant difference in times.

Oops! My fault, apologies. Yeah, I don't think there's much in it across the 1B tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, starting to get ready for this years sprinting season and need to get new tyres.

I ran the R888 SG (not R888R) last year which seemed ok, but hard to get hold of the SG compound now. I've seen the Nankang AR-1 which look good and appear to have some good reviews. But looking in the 2017 blue book https://www.msauk.org/assets/196-208...edtyresl-1.pdf Its saying only 15", 17" or 18" sizes in 1b but I'm sure I read they had changed it to allow all sizes, I run 13" on the Westfield. Any ideas?

I don't fancy running the new R888R since they don't sell left and right handed even though they look like they should be handed, so one side always looks like you've fitted the tyres incorrectly.

Found the answer on Uphill racers, there's been an update to the tyre lists since the 2017 Blue Book went to print.
Source https://www.msauk.org/Section-L-Tyre-Lists-1B-1C

Now just got to try and find a supplier, as Demon Tweeks are saying they cant deliver?!?