Does this class as 2 springs or not

Tom Frankland (T3OMF)

Hi Gents 

Does this class as 2 springs or not?  (1 in each photo)

If not, I'm guessing I need another spring on the throttle linkage photo (spring shown top right)

Cheers

Tom

2016-12-29_10_13_35.jpg

2016-12-29 10.18.44.jpg

Omex do, do a twin version of their linkage, though that'll be a whole twin cable affair, I guess.

But, way, way back when I did any SS stuff, I had the Jenvey equivalent of what you have their, and they did count that as two springs, back then.

If one of the springs failed would the other sping close the throttle? If not then IMO no it wouldn't count as two.

If that is the same as the jenvey set up they have springs as on each spindle and a spring on the linkage too, so yes that would be fine. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul Aspden said:

If that is the same as the jenvey set up they have springs as on each spindle and a spring on the linkage too, so yes that would be fine. 

Agreed. my car has Jenveys and only one externally visible spring but also ones on the spindles internally. If the throttle linkage is disconnected, the throttle body butterflies still snap shut

• Like 1