So, what broke over Christmas ?

Thrustyjust

I try and do all the things you hate like dishwasher filter, salt in the water softener , cooker cleaning, before the break, so I can enjoy the time to relax and do what I want. Well 10pm last night , the bathroom pull cord breaks in the switch. So, torches in the bathroom until tomorrow. Luckily its the kids bathroom and kids dont wash :oops:

Once , living at mums , when young, the ballcock in the water tank went at 11pm Xmas eve. Must be voodoo or something at that time of night !! Luckily the neighbour was still up and had a spare so changed it. Have always kept a spare since then. 

Anyone else had anything break at Xmas time ?

I broke a tooth one Christmas morning, I was in agony until i could get to a dentist on 27th, i didn't put any weight on though, which was a welcome side effect.

Mains riser in the basement sprang a pinhole leak at 10pm Christmas night two years ago. Bit of rubber sheet and a Jubilee clip saved the day though.

This year I broke wind... 

2 hours ago, Blatman said:

I've had man-flu since Thursday, hence why I'm here now... :cry:

Snap........ Trying to drink through it, not really working though :(

I've managed several lemsips...

My plan was to buy food/drink on the 22nd but I was laid up so no booze, no turkey, no trimmings. Christmas Day for me this year looks like being Wednesday.

Oh yeah, I'm on call from tomorrow too...

The weather.

determined to have a white Christmas, booked ourselves a holiday to Switzerland. No bl**** snow! Well, not below about 2000m anyway. Managed to find a few small traces of the stuff on the tops of the taller bits but feeling very cheated so far weather-wise. It's oddly quiet though apart from the occasional large group of Asian tourists. Seems that summer is now the big season over here.

Popped the fuse (and consequently had the fire alarm going in full terrorist mode when I tried to silence it) when the Raclette grille fired up on an extension lead with a little bit too much plugged in.  Making a mental note to put a working flashlight in the utility room so I can see at least what I'm doing!

Ballcock in the water tank here last year - wifey spotted water dripping thru' into the airing cupboard as it was over filling, mad dash to the local plumb shop as he was cashing up on Christmas Eve  - Gave the bloke a Christmas drink and he sold me one - was a git to replace, 25yr old unions seized etc but between the plumb shop and me we saved Christmas and a hefty call out fee ... 

24 minutes ago, Quinten said:

Popped the fuse (and consequently had the fire alarm going in full terrorist mode when I tried to silence it) when the Raclette grille fired up on an extension lead with a little bit too much plugged in.  Making a mental note to put a working flashlight in the utility room so I can see at least what I'm doing!

We have one of those walking headlamp thingies in the kitchen - got me out of trouble a few times, especially as the wife is determined to keep all spare bulbs in the shed .. 

• Like 1

broke wind more than a few times , too much stuffing :t-up:

think if i could bottle the stuff and run the heating off it would make a great re cycling project :)

My sleep cycle is broken. Staying up late enjoying the "christmas menu" has me going to bet in the very small hours and waking up just in time for lunch. I suspect that's gonna hit hard on Tuesday morning...

5 hours ago, Blatman said:

My sleep cycle is broken. Staying up late enjoying the "christmas menu" has me going to bet in the very small hours and waking up just in time for lunch. I suspect that's gonna hit hard on Tuesday morning...

Who is this lucky girl, Bet, then Blatters? :getmecoat: