WSCC Speed Series is on Facebook!

Scottish Bloke

YES Rich! Top man, definitely something that can only boost interest in and coverage of the Speed Series. I know there's a couple of prolific taggers and posters out there who'll now have a place to make extra use of their social media material throughout sprint events etc. :)

• Like 3

Well done all. This should help raise the profile and gain interest

Thanks for the support Rich in offering to admin the page.

Just what the Speed Series needs to raise the profile and get more folk spectating and competing

• Like 2

Well done Rich. The most 'likes' on the forum since 23rd Nov! :yes::yes:

And something that I'm sure will help promote SS.

One of the 'Myth' perceptions by the general membership I've had contact with is that you require exotica to compete. So this is something that imo needs tackling in encouraging newbies to start out in sprinting. A myth clearly not true as I feel I've done OK in a heavy Windscreened under-powered full on road-going Westfield that travels over 3000 miles a year. I'll post the 'Lardy One' to the page.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Well done Rich. The most 'likes' on the forum since 23rd Nov! :yes::yes:

And something that I'm sure will help promote SS.

One of the 'Myth' perceptions by the general membership I've had contact with is that you require exotica to compete. So this is something that imo needs tackling in encouraging newbies to start out in sprinting. A myth clearly not true as I feel I've done OK in a heavy Windscreened under-powered full on road-going Westfield that travels over 3000 miles a year. I'll post the 'Lardy One' to the page.

Absolutely Dave, you've done really well with a realtively standard car, more improtantly you have had brilliant fun. The more people competing in cars like yours the better. So the more out there the better.

Oh and Rich has done a cracking job so far on Facebook. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

When you've been trying to figure out why you cannot reply to your own topic, then realised your membership has expired :blush:

Great response to the Facebook page, thanks for the content. At this point in the closed season it's all about building interest and having a bit of fun. We now have 150 followers, up from 24 so a great start. Whilst I could probably fill the page for the next 3 months just with content from my phone, I'd actively encourage others to post content too. Speed Series, sprint, hillclimbing related would be fantabulouus!

Happy Boxing Day, And don't forget to add your interested friends to the page!

Rich

20161214_172225.jpg

:yes::yes: good one @Scottish Bloke

Just posted to FB page, but they're not appearing??? ???

I can see it..pic of you at Anglesey? Click on new post  button

Aha! Worked it out (don't see what you see!)..... They're in 'visitor posts' for me.

Shame not all posts visibility in main page.

Hi Rich

This is why I was asking if I had joined as I spent ages looking for the join group button so it would drop on my homepage with link etc

Eventually put it down to being FB numptiness on my part:d anyhow I'm sure John can sort it

Top job setting up and driving this btw :t-up:

Cheers

Barry