Cumbria members

windy

Is there anyone living in Cumbria who'd like to have a Westfield Area Monthly meeting?

I'm not sure how many members there are so please let me know if you are living in the county.

Cheers

Graham

Graham

Just looked at the AO distribution list and there are (adding yourself) only 1/2 dozen CA Postcodes

The catchment would also include a few North Lancashire & couple of Dumfries.

A weekend meet would likely bring in members from further afield weather dependent, with Cumbria being a pleasant area to drive into.

Good luck David

Hi Graham

As the AO for your neck of the woods - despite actually being miles away - I'm happy to act as an intermediary and fire out some emails to members who are closer to you.

Also, we get out (when weather is better) as a group pretty much every weekend and that often includes a run over Hartside into Cumbria and the Lakes or the Borders, so can arrange a meet up with people over your side of the fells too.

Feel free to PM me and I'll be in touch.

Chris

When did you move Windy?

As an aside, I'm off to Carlisle on Wednesday if anyone needs anything picking up and taking to Sheffield way. I dont really NEED to go, but Im one stay away from IHG Platinum and its annoying me. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 09:43, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Graham

Just looked at the AO distribution list and there are (adding yourself) only 1/2 dozen CA Postcodes

The catchment would also include a few North Lancashire & couple of Dumfries.

A weekend meet would likely bring in members from further afield weather dependent, with Cumbria being a pleasant area to drive into.

Good luck David

Well that's s start. Do they all own Westfields or are they just members?

On 12/19/2016 at 12:02, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Hi Graham

As the AO for your neck of the woods - despite actually being miles away - I'm happy to act as an intermediary and fire out some emails to members who are closer to you.

Also, we get out (when weather is better) as a group pretty much every weekend and that often includes a run over Hartside into Cumbria and the Lakes or the Borders, so can arrange a meet up with people over your side of the fells too.

Feel free to PM me and I'll be in touch.

Chris

Thanks Chris. I'll try to remember to go to the next meet in Jan and we can discuss things then.

On 12/19/2016 at 13:06, RussH said:

When did you move Windy?

As an aside, I'm off to Carlisle on Wednesday if anyone needs anything picking up and taking to Sheffield way. I dont really NEED to go, but Im one stay away from IHG Platinum and its annoying me. 

I got the keys beginning of October although I've only just got the furniture in. 

31 minutes ago, windy said:

Well that's s start. Do they all own Westfields or are they just members?

Unfortunately list doesn't say. Chris's offer of email may determine that. 

I've not taken my Westie into Lakes, so I would be interested in a meet up.

All't'best 

Windy,

I am one of the (active) Dumfries area members - looking at the distribution map, I am in a westfield desert here!

I Usually gang up with the Scottish group, but would also be interested in anything North lakes / borders - ish.

Up here I can have roads to myself, as a lot of people dont realise that Dumfries and Galloway is almost as sparsely populated as the highlands.

We also have the highest village in Scotland a few miles up the road from me (Wanlockhead).

Best wishes,

Dave.

On 24 December 2016 at 17:01, Davep1 said:

Windy,

I am one of the (active) Dumfries area members - looking at the distribution map, I am in a westfield desert here!

I Usually gang up with the Scottish group, but would also be interested in anything North lakes / borders - ish.

Up here I can have roads to myself, as a lot of people dont realise that Dumfries and Galloway is almost as sparsely populated as the highlands.

We also have the highest village in Scotland a few miles up the road from me (Wanlockhead).

Best wishes,

Dave.

Either Carlisle or Penrith would be good areas for a regular meet I reckon. There is also the filling station cafe in Keswick which is like a northern version of the ace cafe. They have car & bike meets there on Sundays.

What do you think?

Carlisle would suit me for a regular meet, as its about an hour away for me - Penrith is not as conveniant (for me) and would require a way of avoiding the M6!

Keswick sounds a good venue for a spring / summer meet, combined with a 'tour' of the N.Lakes.

Where are you based Windy?

Regards,

Dave.

The Filling Station Cafe is excellent and I can't recommend it enough. I have been there about 10 times and there is always something nice parked up in front of it. The decor is interesting and the food/service is great too. It's always on my list when we visit the Lakes.