Anyone know this 2011 SEight?

cjdad76

I owned a 2.0 Zetec Westy with 160hp before and have been looking for a more powerful one to replace it, either a Duratec circa 200hp or a V8.

I have always had the itch of a V8 and it will not be a daily drive, only used for an occasional blat on the roads and for track days.  The outlay of cash is not so critical as they generally hold their value so well and I look after my cars well.  I was looking at spending around 12/13k tops, but this V8 has been taunting me on Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/westfield/other-models/westfield-other-british-2011/6576151

Does anyone know it - what are peoples thoughts on it?  It is more than I wanted to spend, but if I had the time / inclination to build one, it would come out looking like this (which is not an easy feat with the wide variety of personal choices made by people building these things for themselves!!!).

Would love to hear some opinions. 

That looks like it's had some money spent on it, and plenty of options ticked. I know things like the carbon plenum on the engine aren't cheap, though I've only a passing knowledge of Rover tuning.

But elsewhere it appears to have Nitron dampers, (an expensive option), factory wide track, and I think, though it's really hard to tell on an iPad, it might have AP Racing front calipers - easy enough to check in person, or with a better photo.

Its got at least a front anti roll bar. BUT, if it's a Westfield one, and it does look like it is, they're not designed for wide track. It is possible to have the bar widened though. It may also be possible, to just get away with the narrow bar in some stiffness settings. Though, (again, hard to see on the iPad) there may be some witness marks of the springs clipping the drop links. - I'd want to check that carefully and sort it out.

Otherwise though, it looks a nice car - there was another one similar, recently, just off to check if it's the same one or not...

dont know the car but £2500 deposit???  - not gonna say it sounds dodgy - just be careful :yes:

Yep, thought so, here's the previous thread on it.

2 minutes ago, Cleggy the Spyder Man said:

dont know the car but £2500 deposit???  - not gonna say it sounds dodgy - just be careful :yes:

I suspect that's a bit of a w**ker filter for the advert. I'm sure if you were there in person to look and seemed to be a genuine buyer things would be very different...

Just now, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

I suspect that's a bit of a w**ker filter for the advert. I'm sure if you were there in person to look and seemed to be a genuine buyer things would be very different...

could be Dave - you will soon know when the call is made and a viewing sorted :t-up:

V8, loads of torque, road tryes in the winter - I would probably want to cover my own A*** too :laugh:

• Like 1

Yeah, the other thing I'd want to change smart is how would be the tyres; get a proper grippy type like an R1R or R888R or one over the Avon's, Yokahama's etc on there.

And as a dealer, I'd be wanting to see an insurance cover note before letting anyone drive it. (Common enough on high value cars from main stream brands).

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  Dealer looks very reputable given the selection of cars he has for sale!!

Had a read through the previous thread and it looks as if the guy writing them was going to buy around a fortnight ago, but something mustn't have worked out as it has been re-advertised.

Agree on the tyres - only used R888's on my previous car, would imagine 250hp on the tyres it has would be........ exciting (dangerous...)!!

Think I will have to go and take a proper look at her and see if I can justify the additional cash over what I was looking to spend............ 

well, if the dealer has had it a while

and

at least 1 deal has fallen through,

and

it checks out,

and

you like it.

Make him a cheeky offer...!

• Like 1

Managed to get a deal done I was happy with - woohoo!!

Car is to be delivered next Tues / Weds to my house - just in time for Christmas.......

Posted in the start line with a few niggly things I will have to sort.....

• Like 3

T1R's are OK actually. Mine has the same power and is very drivable on them. R888 can be too grippy depending on the type of sump set-up as the RV8 can be prone to oil surge if you pull too high a G in the corners. Having said that I am looking at swapping to R1R next time round as a little more grip would be nice sometimes :-)

Well done on a great looking car.

Luke.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.