Unexpected benefits of the Grand Tour!

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Hmm, never even really thought about it.

but just ordering a present for someone through Amazon.co.uk and, presumably because I signed up for the months trial of Prime, I got both a free Sunday Delivery and a fiver off a fifteen pound item.

The penny is slowly dropping that if I shop via Amazon for a year, where I might otherwise use eBay, most if not all the GT subscription could be saved back on discounts and delivery.

Amazon's happy, I'm happy and the three old gits are happy. Win, win, win!

• Like 5

The downside of course, is that you have to sit through 'The Grand Tour'. 

• Like 1

A pointless debate, if you like it, and I do, you like it, if you don't, you don't.

• Like 1

Just go on the web, get the 3 podgy grey heads for free and by of ebay with post free sellers and job done . Wife and Amazon doesnt work, from weirdly defaulting to a credit card which is dead all the time and causing grief to ordering 2 pairs of football boots the other day for mini TJ , meaning trips to post office and cancelling. I think she has binned Amazon now..............

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep said:

A pointless debate, if you like it, and I do, you like it, if you don't, you don't.

Couldn't have put it any better.

Amazon Prime addict here. Order on a Saturday for delivery on a Sunday, even though I live in the sticks. I tend to only order 'fulfilled by Amazon' items though.

+1 for Prime here too. 

We've had it a couple of years now, and order quite a bit on-line (yes I know the local high street shops are struggling along with the Polar Bears but hey-ho) and as Dave has found out, if you're anything more than a casual user, the £70-odd quid is paid for easily over the course of the year.

The wife recently discovered Amazons music streaming and playlist capabilities.  With her smart phone linking to a bluetooth system she enjoys fantastic music streamed around our house. And then there's the Prime movies and box-sets......

The Grand Tour is simply a nice bonus.  Each to their own.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

What's the thoughts on GT latest antics in the beach buggies!

Personally I really enjoyed it. 

41 minutes ago, greenstreak said:

What's the thoughts on GT latest antics in the beach buggies!

Personally I really enjoyed it. 

I did too, probably because it was more about the cars then silly bits in the studio/pulling pranks on each other. I've been in a beach buggy driven down some huge dunes and it's some adrenaline rush!

Loved it and laughed till I cried at the d#ck shift! (Yes, my sense of humour can get that juvenile at times!)

I too enjoy the Grand Tour but I begrudgingly use Amazon because of their stance on avoiding UK corporation tax. I pay all my taxes and they should pay all their UK based taxes. 

Rant over. Dave, I agree the "d!ck shift" scene was hilarious!

Randy.