CARPET TUNNEL WANTED

Big Andy

WANTED

hi ya all I'm after the carpet that goes on the gearbox tunnel inside the westfield I have a type 9 gearbox whether that makes any difference I'm not sure

or could anyone tell me were I could get one from other than westfield them selves

many thanks

email me at andymorehen@gmail.com as I didn't get notifications that people had replied

I have one you can have for cost of postage.

BUT it has been modified where I needed to relocate the gear stick bellows to suit my type 9. So a patch of the carpet was cut and relocated.

Will try and find pic of it as it was before I swapped to carbon - tbh although it was difficult to spot the join once installed, it was not a professional job by any means!

If you want a pristine one, it's no good.

• Like 1

Found a pic

20150506_174625.jpg

EDIT - it's also distinctly possible that it's been butchered even since then - so let me look in the garage before you say yes!

Worth being aware there are different tunnel widths too, most cars have had the wider tunnel for MT75 gearboxes for years, even though the owners have frequently fitted Type 9's from new, the bigger tunnel gave more room to fit the engine further back etc.

Earlier cars especially, have the narrower tunnel suitable for the original four speed box and the later Type 9 5 speed.

Worth measuring the width of the tunnel top in a few places to compare before buying anything.

I'll be in the cave tomorrow so can dig it out and see what butchery has been wrought! Wish my memory was better...

Aha! Now I know which gaiter I used on my carbon tunnel top!

image.jpg

guess this carpet is getting binned. 

I have a tunnel carpet that has never been fitted. I've just got the dust off and given it a hoover, there are no rips, moths and no handbrake or gear holes. I cannot be sure what it was bought for.   If you want  it £10 to cover postage.  

Any reply to mwstanford@aol.com.

Regards,

Martin

I will have second dibs on the carpet, email sent 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:18, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

I have one you can have for cost of postage.

BUT it has been modified where I needed to relocate the gear stick bellows to suit my type 9. So a patch of the carpet was cut and relocated.

Will try and find pic of it as it was before I swapped to carbon - tbh although it was difficult to spot the join once installed, it was not a professional job by any means!

If you want a pristine one, it's no good.

hi chris yes so you have a carpet tunnel have you got a pic many thanks

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 09:58, Nichopher said:

I have a tunnel carpet that has never been fitted. I've just got the dust off and given it a hoover, there are no rips, moths and no handbrake or gear holes. I cannot be sure what it was bought for.   If you want  it £10 to cover postage.  

Any reply to mwstanford@aol.com.

Regards,

Martin

hi martin yes I'm interested in the carpet have you got a pic and I have also message you aswell cheers andy

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Big Andy said:

hi chris yes so you have a carpet tunnel have you got a pic many thanks

Pic is above - honestly though, it's a pile of poop - not worth the postage!

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.