Target Times For 2017

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

After many hours of hard work from the Target Time Setting Team;  we have the target times to be used for 2017.

Target Time Setting Team
Terry Everall - Chair
Graham Frankland
Adrian Clinton Watkins
Paul Dew - Tigger 

If you want an XLS versions then please let me know and i'll email them you.

Expert Targets (to be used in 2017).pdf

Novice Targets (to be used in 2017).pdf

You can purchase the entry for the 2017 WSCC Speed Series online NOW in the Store - CLICK HERE

• Like 1

• John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO pinned this topic

:popcorn: :getmecoat: :p  :laugh: :westy:  Can't wait, have a side bar bet on the first response, might make a bob or two...

• Like 1

popcorn and crisps stocked up:d

• Like 1

Should have released them 2 weeks before each event :p

We did talk about alternative methods:-

releasing them 2 weeks after - that had 1 vote
also by using a lucky octopus - that had another vote

so because of a dead lock it was decided we would release them now and then we could all go to the zoo.

cheers

Panda

• Like 1

Well I suppose someone has to make a start. How can some of those times be 3 seconds faster (eg Anglesey 2 lapper, Pembrey) than this seasons winner managed to set for his class at some events where he mostly set new class records at events? Sorry but I fail to see the logic in how they have been derived...

John I must refer you to section 2 of the recently published summary of the Rules.Its comparability with other las times at the same venues not just records

14 minutes ago, terry everall said:

John I must refer you to section 2 of the recently published summary of the Rules.Its comparability with other las times at the same venues not just records

That's a reason not the rationale. Chopping 3+ seconds off target times where actual venue records were set is not a reasonable chunk to be adjusting them by IMO.

13 hours ago, Scott Young - WSCC Chairman said:

:popcorn: :getmecoat: :p  :laugh: :westy:  Can't wait, have a side bar bet on the first response, might make a bob or two...

And who will change Class to target 'easier' times :popcorn:

• Like 1

John

Just look at the comparability with between classes at the venues and you can see the logic!

We are NOT just using records. In fact records that have stood for longer than 5 years have been made easier by1% and new events do not have a target time so there are  loads of opportunities to score well and defend your title. I wish there were some easy targets in class G but  alas thats not the case.

5 hours ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

And who will change Class to target 'easier' times :popcorn:

Engines out, I'm going 'electric' with 100 points on offer at every event  :getmecoat:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave (OnliestSmeg) - Joint Manchester AO said:

Engines out, I'm going 'electric' with 100 points on offer at every event  :getmecoat:

Don't bother taking the engine out. Just install a big battery (or possibly several) and go round using the starter motor. Treat the engine a ballast to keep the power to weight ratio down and corner weights correct.

• Like 2

But you cant win the overall championship in class I as it would be too easy

21 minutes ago, terry everall said:

But you cant win the overall championship in class H as it would be too easy

Class H or Class I?

Sorted that its class I