Appreciating.Classics

mhc

Regarding the history of Westfield Sports cars, I believe that the only cars that may have any perceived value in the future will be the very early pre lit cars, the Lotus 23 copies,

The Westfield 11 , but only if it's period correct,

The fibre glass bodied ones will be consigned to the dustbin of history along with the likes of Dutton, Spartan, Ashley. Berkley etc.

Disagree ok, but please don't all shout at once!

If you own any of these early cars I can  offer some transmission spares, in the shape of Ford English diffs.

3.54  £295

3.89  £120

4.7   £150 cwp only

4.9   £195

And the correct alloy pedal assembly brackets for these cars, machined  £60  unmachined  £35.

I may also be parting with a early pre lit car, dismantled at present, but capable of being turned into a Lotus 3/7 replica.

Formular front suspension and trick rear suspension.

Interested please drop me a pm.

Regards Mick

• Like 1

What an idiosyncratic way to start a for sale advert....?    :o

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CraigHew said:

So it's a different way to start an advert

I take it that you are not interested in a diff then.:)

2 hours ago, CraigHew said:

That may be!

29 minutes ago, mhc said:

Rather good way imo Mick :yes:

1 hour ago, mhc said:

I take it that you are not interested in a diff then.:)

No thanks, it'll just end up in the dustbin with my fibreglass car. :getmecoat:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a wide SEW and the English diff has a leak and rather than have the existing one refurbised I was wondering if yours were compatable. When I bought the car I did not have any history with it and have no idea what ratio the diff has. I am in the process of removing it though. The gear box is standard and the car is predominantly for road use, occasional track days and the monthly blat with the club, what would you suggest is the best diff? Not really interested in top speed but better acceleration would be useful.

I want a reliable diff that will not require any further work for a while that will just bolt straight in.

If the diffs are still available can you give me your opinion on the best option?

Many thanks

Steve

10 hours ago, WILDERSWEST said:

Hi

I have a wide SEW and the English diff has a leak and rather than have the existing one refurbised I was wondering if yours were compatable. When I bought the car I did not have any history with it and have no idea what ratio the diff has. I am in the process of removing it though. The gear box is standard and the car is predominantly for road use, occasional track days and the monthly blat with the club, what would you suggest is the best diff? Not really interested in top speed but better acceleration would be useful.

I want a reliable diff that will not require any further work for a while that will just bolt straight in.

If the diffs are still available can you give me your opinion on the best option?

Many thanks

Steve

If its an English diff you have then yes they will fit

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.