will these fit ?

Sparkymart

despite owning my westfield for a few years now im still not 100% sure about what type of body work i have (I think its Kit ). its a 1998 Seiw with fixed arches and i was wondering if these would fit ?  

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=264

cheers Martin 

Hi Martin this is in the description 

Please note these will not fit the fixed rear bodywork. (none detachable arches) 

So im afraid it seems they won't fit.

John

3 hours ago, Sparkymart said:

despite owning my westfield for a few years now im still not 100% sure about what type of body work i have (I think its Kit ). its a 1998 Seiw with fixed arches and i was wondering if these would fit ?  

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=264

cheers Martin 

Re the bodywork; how does upyour nose cone fix to the car? Have you any pictures showing the rear edge of the nose cone, without the bonnet on?

Likewise, what's the scuttle like, where the dashboard fits on? Have you any photos of this area? Do you have a standard Westfield crashpad, (I know you've done a lot of re-trimming on your car, it doesn't matter if it's been re-covered as long as the mounding hasn't been touched), again, have you a pic, in particular showing how far the crashpad extends over the scuttle towards the windscreen, and how far down the sides of the scuttle it reaches...

There are other give aways, but those three items are probably enough to say conclusively whether it's Kit or ZK

Here are a couple of photos. The crash pad and dash are one's I got off here  and butchered until I got what I wanted. So not a sure way of telling. But here's the other photos 

20161130_163839.jpg

20161130_163935.jpg

20161130_164100.jpg

What I can see looks more like kit bodywork.

with the dash and crash pad, normally the dash on ZK bodywork fits flush to the edges of the scuttle, and has exactly the same width, height etc. the scuttle itself has a flat return that the dash fits too, and a wider style line running up the sides of the scuttle parallel to the dash. The crash pad is quite narrow, only two or three inches wide, and runs from the tub, all the way round the scuttle to the tub on the other side.

On the Kit bodywork, the scuttle has a narrower edge to it where the dash fits. The dash itself fits back into a slight recess, and the rounded edge, moulded into the scuttle mimics somewhat the rolled edges on old aircraft cockpits. The crash pad is shorter at the sides, it only comes down as far as the bottom of the windscreen uprights, but it's much broader, fitting right up to the windscreen and right up to the 'screen uprights.

On the kit bodywork, the bonnet has a much smaller return edge on it. The scuttle and especially the nose have much smaller lips for the bonnet to sit on as a result. Additionally, the nose is normally secured by a Dzus faster either side, mounted on the lip the bonnet rests on, fastening into a steel tab on the chasisis. (ZK nose bolt down inside the nose cone.

I don't have any Dzus fixings on the nose cone there is two 5mm(I think)  bolts that go through the inside of the nose cone into the chassis 

I've found a photo with the dash out while I was doing my re vamp 

Does this make it any clearer? 

20160609_201040~4.jpg

That looks like a kit scuttle too.