Web site

Terryathome

This new Web site is going to take a bit of time to get used too.

Too much info/descriptions to scroll through but heh old dogs new tricks, woof woof

• Like 2

Also there seems to be a lot more advertising being used or is it me. The advertising banner also looks a lot bigger and all. Why couldn't you just put this to the left or right of the post instead of horizontally in the post.

I didn't sign up for all this mumbo jumbo advertising being through at me, lets be a little more discrete please.

• Like 1

Sorry Terry, it's you.  The amount and sizes of the advertising hasn't changed at all.  There's a banner ad at the bottom, and one after the first post on a page, just like the old forums.  And the advertising is only from club sponsors, not from any other organisation.

As an aside, you helped me win a sidebar bet though, so thanks. :t-up:

And - please remember, it's new to us too, so we are still "tweaking as we go".

On the whole I feel it's a vast improvement in terms of usability, image adding and speed - all of which address the majority of user "gripes" from the old one - of course there will be some things people prefer from the old system, but I reckon it will grow on you ;)

I've had such a productive morning while access has been intermittent. I should get a pay rise. 

1 hour ago, Arm said:

So much advertising on mine I've had to squeeze text over to right

:)

Do us a favour and post up a screen grab of what you're seeing please - the ads are set to only be below the first post on a page, and at the very bottom of the page, certainly not on the left at all.  It's set exactly the same as the old forums and I can't see any ads at all out of place, so would appreciate an example.  Also tell us your OS and browser please - ta.

47 minutes ago, Arm said:

Sorry . Was a poor attempt at humour.                                             Spacing of advertising is fine !

Sorry, with everything going on, the battery in my Irony Meter went flat! :laugh::yes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arm said:

Sorry . Was a poor attempt at humour.                                             Spacing of advertising is fine !

Please try to resolve this immediately :)   - how do Ash. Keeping well I trust.