Cold Turkey

Kingster

So are we ready for tomorrow folks?

After 2pm it's forum cold turkey for a bit. Maybe 48hrs downtime while we switch to the new software.

It's a total rewrite by the forum vendors and will be a right royal pita to move everything over so bear with us while we (well, mostly Adrian) move it all over.

It's going to be good though!

• Like 5

I've been looking forward to it for over a year now...but that's another story involving puppies, bags, bricks and a river. :p

The downtime will be nice for me actually, but there will be plenty to do afterwards tweaking things, will probably still be doing it over Christmas.

And there was me thinking this thread was about raving alcoholics giving up beer................. or what spread to put on your turkey sandwiches on Boxing Day  :d

• Like 1

Good luck to all involved...

I've looked after enough upgrades as part of the day job to realise how tough they can be.

Have you got enough backups (note I said 'enough' not 'a' LOL)

Well I've done a dry Jan for the last 2 years which is hard... followed by a very wet 11 months. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Don't forget Chris, we know where you live  :suspect:  ???  we WILL be round if it goes PeteTongue  :o

But sure it won;t good luck have fun  :d  :d  :d

Pete who? Not on my watch

Doesn't come along very often,but is a real awkward SOB when he does  :d

Just over four hours to go now...

About two hours to go until withdrawal kicks in.

When the lights go back on, you'll look at the new forums and think it's not much different, what's all the fuss about? Then you'll start to see the upgrades are small but significant, especially photo handling, iOS compatibility, improved search engine, and ability to customise the appearance and then appreciate the hard work Ade and Chris are doing in the next few days.

There will be small issues and if there are bugs they'll ask you to report them online, but this is a big overdue step and it's very much for the better - thanks gents.

See you after the blackout!

• Like 1