When did the Westfield badge on the nose change?

1WestfieldSeven

Greetings from the other side of the Pond.  As I was browsing though the Autumn issue of Westfield World, I noticed that the badges on the noses of the Westfields in the photographs were round.  My car, the first alloy Westfield Seven produced has a rectangular badge.  Can anyone shed any light as to when the badges changed from rectangular to round?  Also, have there been more than two badge styles?

I would add a photo of my badge, but I can't figure out how to do that on this site.

Thanks. 

Greetings from the other side of the Pond.  As I was browsing though the Autumn issue of Westfield World, I noticed that the badges on the noses of the Westfields in the photographs were round.  My car, the first alloy Westfield Seven produced has a rectangular badge.  Can anyone shed any light as to when the badges changed from rectangular to round?  Also, have there been more than two badge styles?

I would add a photo of my badge, but I can't figure out how to do that on this site.

Thanks.

If you wait for the forum reboot to be completed in a few days, you'll be able to add photos to posts much more easily. :)

Hi,

It would be great to see a photo of your badge, and even better if someone can tell us when it changed.

Any news on the alloy pre lit register?

Regards

Gary

I have a rectangular badge on the rear of 1998 model, it just has the word 'Westfield' in black and silver.

I'd love to see a picture of the rectangular badge, I don't recall ever seeing one, or at least noticing one, before!

(Although I helped a mate build an early Westfield, back when I was in my teens, I didn't really know a great deal about them/the company till I got involved again with the first build of my own. So find it fascinating filling in those gaps...)

Rectangular badges were first released about 1988 - black plastic with silver lettering, often stuck to the rear of the body tub - the same style / pattern was also released as a vinyl stick on badge in various colours a short while later this was often stuck onto the nosecone offset to one side :):d the round sunburst logo badge has been available from day one of Westfield manufacture, firstly in black and then other colours introduced later both in metal and plastic...................... this has been a public information post from an old fart :blush::d

• Like 1

Ooh, like that badge, nice touch for the rear end!! :o

The only westfield badge i had was on the gear stick but that fell off and has now gone!    Even the badges have disowned the car.    

Still got that badge on the back of my car (old photo, spare wheel gone, clear rear lenses, black dash):

DSC00499.jpg

Thanks for the postings so far.  Attached is a photograph of the nose badge on my alloy pre-lit Seven.  The emblem has a chrome/silver background with the engraved emblem and lettering colored red.  I'm wondering if the early Elevens had this badge.

Gary, I have identified 28 alloy pre-lit Sevens at this point.  It has been awhile since I've added a new one to the register.  I hope your build is coming along well.

Westfield logo.JPG

Hi,

Yes the build is going well, waiting for a wiring loom at the moment. Could you let me have the dimensions of the badge, I will look at getting one made.

Westfield & MGTF 009.JPG

Here's a recent photo, I've just dropped it on to it's wheels.

Regards

Gary

• Like 1

The rectangle badge came right from day one. It was designed for me by a graphics man from Armitage where the "Westfield" name came from. It shows the setting sun over a ploughed field...keep up the good work

• Like 1