Scottish Speed

graham frankland

(Moved from a recent thread on tonneau covers at S2T's request, see post 6 below)

Hello S2T

The Speed Series Organising Team would be happy to consider adding an event to our calendar closer to you if have an organised sprint or hill climb venue in mind.

No WSCC member should be too far away from the Speed Series

Happy to hear from you!

Thanks

Graham

Edited by Dave Eastwood (gadgetman) - WSCC AO Rep
Moderators note:
  • Like 1

Agree with Grahams sentiments but Moray is about 3hrs 15mins north of Edinburgh and the Knockhill track. We are thinking about Knockhill and several British Sprint drivers travel from the very top of Scotland all the way down south and into south Wales

Hi Graham, thats a very generous offer and as Terry states I am about 3-4 hours north of Edinburgh, there is a sprint track further north than me though at Golspie! Many years ago there used to be a hillclimb at Rumster about 30 miles south of John O'Groats which was in the British Hillclimb calendar!

Terry is quite correct there are drivers from up here who travel south, indeed Graeme Wight, multiple British Hillclimb champion is based in Aberdeenshire. In my youth(!) I regularly travelled south to compete in the UK sailing circuit. To be honest 2017 will be my first 'proper' foray into motorsport, even though I have owned Westfields for 6years or so. Knockhill would be an ideal venue, not only is it reasonably accessible the track itself is deceptively tricky. The British Sprint Championship regulalry have rounds at Knockhill and looks like there will be a round there late August 2017. If there is an interest then I do have some contacts in the management of Knockhill if you would like me to sound them out, though obviously we had better have a chat first. Spookily I am in receipt of Knockhill's provisional calendar for 2017 today

Steve

Steve

Can you drum up a few more Westfield owners in and around your area who can access Knockhill and I am sure Terry and I could see if we could add something to our calendar.

Perhaps 3 events for the Westfield Knockhill Trophy or something like that!

Keep the ideas coming!

G

Just starting a new thread following the diversion of discussion under the header "Definition of flexible".

Initial discussion around feasibility of Speed series having a round north of the border or indeed a Scottish mini series

Steve, do you want the relevant posts from that thread moved to this one?