CSCC provisional dates for 2017

iowlee

The Provisional dates are up for next years racing for the Classic Sports Car Club.
I am intending on doing every event in the Magnificent sevens, with possibly some open events, time and money allowing. Not sure which days my racing will be, but normally get a couple of spare weekend tickets so if anyone fancies watching any of the events just let me know.

Lee

2017 Calendar

March 23rd                                      Snetterton (300) – Test Day      

April 1st/2nd                                   Snetterton (300)

April 22nd/23rd                              Thruxton

May 27th/28th                                Silverstone (International)  

June 23rd/24th/25th                       Spa Francorchamps

July 22nd/23rd                                Croft

August 12th/13th                            Castle Combe

September 9th/10th                        Donington Park (National)       

October 7th                                     Oulton Park (International)

November 11th/12th                      Brands Hatch (Indy) with Night Races

I think I'll be at:

Possibly Thruxton

Silverston

Castle Combe

Donny 

next year Lee.

Can't wait! Silverstone International is a great circuit in my opinion. Combe is my local and I love Donny. A great calendar in my opinion.

• Like 1

Looks like I'll be in group 2 next year now the CSCC have reclassified the groups:

We will continue to split Groups 1 and 2, even on combined grids, but the power break will change to reflect the market for 1600cc cars. Group 1 in 2017 will be for cars with engines up to 152 bhp as standard manufacturers build. All cars with engines of 153 bhp and greater will be placed in Group 2

This is really annoying for me as I specified the car to suit Group 1. The trouble being I think I will be one of very few in my class and right at the back. With most Caterhams being 100kgs less its hard to compete (drivers excuse number 8.1)

Will be ok if we can mix groups as at least i will have someone to race with then

4 hours ago, cast iron said:

Do they do guest entries? wouldn't mind doing Croft!

Hi Mr Iron

Quote from the CSCC web site.

Give us a try

We allow a “Taster” round when the £99 car registration fee will be waived for the first ever round with the CSCC but must be paid on entry of the 2nd round. This first race will be in the Taster class which is not eligible for awards. Fully paid up registered cars take priority over taster cars in the case of oversubscribed races, up until 4 weeks before the date of the race meeting

If any questions I'm sure Mike could let you know how it worked for him as I believe that is what he did for Donny this year.

Would be great to get another Westfield out there.

Lee