7" Sierra LSD Diff

Onliest Smeg David

I'm contemplating an LSD as part of this Winters upgrades.

Ideally thinking 4.1 ratio, on an ATB. But may consider others at right price. (not done the full final number crunching yet)

Anyone got anything spare   ??? Please PM me.

Dave the cheapest would be a 3.92 Sierra viscous LSD and used by many competitors in the past and present with decent gear ratios and rear tyre sizes

4.1 ratios are very expensive

• Like 1

Dave the cheapest would be a 3.92 Sierra viscous LSD and used by many competitors in the past and present with decent gear ratios and rear tyre sizes

4.1 ratios are very expensive

Ta Terry, was aware.

When I had 2nd set for track/sprinting in 185*13 current BGH gearbox worked excellently, as the smaller diameter tyre (dropping the Westie by 20mm) improved/increased the open 3.9 diffs ratio.

Now I'm only going to use one set of wheels/tyres for track and road I think 4.1 may be ideal, as to go smaller tyre with all the road use would result in lots of grinding on tarmac  :down:

Suspect I will end up going with 3.9 LSD though and accepting slight compromise when sprinting.

Suffered with a lot of inside wheel spinning up at Anglesey this year, hence I want to upgrade to LSD.

CL29005

Might be interested in one. Want to discuss by pm ?

Cheers

Yes happy to discuss

Thanks

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

BTTT

Still looking, W.H.Y.G.?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

I do have one that I would consider selling at the right price. It is a 7" 3.92 (push in drive shafts, though I understand flanged output shafts can be retrofitted if need be) and is fitted with a Quaife ATB.

As used by the 2009 WSCC Speed Series Novice Champion :)

Used for sprints and hillclimbs only (no road use) for half a season; so ten events and therefore has only done max 2 hours since fitted from new.

Open to offers. You will have done the research so you know how much they are new (£1860 from Quaife :().

Regards

Paul

Dave you need to buy it - cos a 7" ATB with push in shafts is what I want. But can't afford it AND a new Aim dash! Please remove this temptation!

• 1 month later...

BTTT 

Still searching!

Hi Dave,

7" 3.92 ATB compromise still available - not yet advertised but will be doing shortly.

Regards

Paul

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.