Which enclosed trailer to buy? PRG, BJ, Eco?

Mitchfc

its kot just the physical size of the trailer , its towing capacity of tow vehicle you cannot tow a trailer with a capacity greater than your vehicle wether you have a 500 kg westfield in it or a larger car if the trailer itself is plated above the towing capacity of your tow vehicle i have a eco plated to 2600kg but i have a discovery with atowing capacity of 3500kg so well within its capacity but if i had a van say a sprinter there towing cdpacity is 2000 kg so the eco is above its legal towing capacity

the eco is a good trailer for tne money tilt bed is handy for my westy as i have a diffuser front and rear so clearance on the ramp can be issue without tilting the trailer loads of room to get around the car donot use the side doors that often

Not true any more. All recently clarified by the relevant government dept.

I'd always said as you did but now  weights are based on actual for the trailer (ie trailer with load)  and not just plated weight. 

So you could have a 3500kg plated trailer behind a Mondeo so long as trailer and load did not exceed Mondeo 1800 kg towing capacity.

Totally agree with Ash 

• 4 weeks later...

I no this tread has finished but I just wanted to add my final decision at the end of it for other folks reading in the future;

In the end I went for a PRG XW Tracsporter which turned up last week. I'm over the moon with it and couldn't be more happy, highly recommended for anyone who is undecided!

The main reason I choose that one over the others is because it comes with a pair of gull wing doors and a pair of side hung hatches as standard also Arm spoke very highly of the trailer and I can see why. Having had the PRG Minisporter previously I know they are a decent company but since it's arrival I'm blown away with the quality and finish. The Tracsporter was around £3k more than the Minisporter and the extra money is certainly justifiable for what you get. 

Thank you for everyone who took the time to post on this thread and give advise!! 

Cheers Mitch.