HARD TOP anybody

Yanto

sure it will be snapped up…..someone must have a mould for a hardtop…. :)  think there would be a demand for it

It's been passed from pillar to post for years, that kit. Never seems to get ANY further on either!

That said, fitting the bodywork from scratch with the hard top at the same time is probably the only way to stand a chance of getting them to fit together half way decently.

You might get a mound off of it, but I suspect you'd find a lot of tweaking necessary to make it fit other cars. There's a good reason why the factory gave up, and why it was so hugely expensive! A vinyl roof with only one fixed datum - the front screen rail, forgives an awful lot of dimensional inaccuracies in the tub/scuttle/screen alignment. The grp hard top as designed, didn't.

Always makes me smile whenever that crops up - factory first looked at it in the early 90's a few adverts were seen with a yellow hard-top, nothing ever came of it :d

Exactly why does anyone choose to build an open top sports / kit car and then want to put a roof on it - much easier to buy warmer / waterproof clothing :marto:

• Like 1

I hadn't realised this crops up for sale from time to time, but makes sense now knowing that it has a history.

Maybe we should have a whip round and buy it - then put it in a crusher and get drunk whilst wishing it fond farewell -  a bit like a viking burial but without the flames and acrid black smoke.

• Like 1

Yes. :d

a bit like a viking burial but without the flames and acrid black smoke.

But then it wouldn't be a Viking burial! :)

You are correct.

I was trying to be 21st century and keeping it as environmentally friendly as possible.

Ritual burning of long boats weren't burials either.

Tell you what, leave the words Viking and Burial out of it and just have it crushed whilst we watch it on a pod cast from our living rooms with a cuppa and a custard cream  :d

• Like 1

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.