Applecross 2017 the tartan weekend

ziplob

15 hours ago, H.7 said:

Thanks to all, especially Alan and the unknown hero in the blue MGB for their help in getting my car back to the campsite last night after clutch packed in. Big up to ALPS Road Rescue ( http://www.alpsltd.co.uk/road-rescue-solutions/road-rescue/ ) for arranging the recovery of my car from Applecross to my home and to Morar Motors (Applecross to Kyle of Lochalsh to Stirling Services) and to CVS24 for the final leg from Stirling Services to my house. Got back at 7pm. All included as part of my insurance cover with M R Bloor. Sorry for the blatant advertising, but credit where it's due!

Thanks to Rab and everyone else involved in the organisation of the weekend, well done to the guys on the barbecue! Great fun, fantastic company. We should do it in the summer next year! 

IMG_6629.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

Thought I was going to need the same thing on Sunday...throttle jammed open but RAC got it sorted so I got home undee own steam. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, H.7 said:

Oh, and to reinforce the value of having breakdown recovery insurance, I met two guys in the campsite reception office this morning. They'd had an off in their 4x4, ripped the trailing arm out so needed recovered. No breakdown cover, so the RAC relieved them of £710 for the pleasure! :o

:oops:

Brian, apologies once again re meeting at Straiton! I'm glad that you didn't lose too much ground/time and got to Kilmahog whilst we were still there .. my bad! :down:

Attention, the Applecrossers 2017!

Now that most of you are getting over the shock of being straight back to work today, could you have a look over the photos that you've taken from the weekend and start emailing them to me for consideration for the Club magazine! They need to be the full res that they were taken in as the compressed versions are not suitable for reprinting. If you need to, you can create a DropBox, WeTransfer, etc account and send me the link :t-up:

5 hours ago, Robert (bombero) - Scotland AO said:

:oops:

Brian, apologies once again re meeting at Straiton! I'm glad that you didn't lose too much ground/time and got to Kilmahog whilst we were still there .. my bad! :down:

No problem at all, Rab :d

6 hours ago, Robert (bombero) - Scotland AO said:

... could you have a look over the photos that you've taken from the weekend and start emailing them to me for consideration for the Club magazine! They need to be the full res that they were taken in as the compressed versions are not suitable for reprinting. If you need to, you can create a DropBox, WeTransfer, etc account and send me the link :t-up:

Hi Rab,

I've put my photos in a Dropbox folder and shared it with your WSCC email account. I guess you'll receive notification of the link for your Dropbox. Let me know if you can see them, or if you have any problem with the files.

Cheers,

Brian

22 hours ago, H.7 said:

Hi Rab,

I've put my photos in a Dropbox folder and shared it with your WSCC email account. I guess you'll receive notification of the link for your Dropbox. Let me know if you can see them, or if you have any problem with the files.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian

Could you please re-send them to my personal email account as the WSCC account has never worked for me??

1 hour ago, Robert (bombero) - Scotland AO said:

Brian

Could you please re-send them to my personal email account as the WSCC account has never worked for me??

Sure, what's your personal email address?

51 minutes ago, H.7 said:

Sure, what's your personal email address?

It's the one that I use to email y'all re events, runs, etc ;)

3 hours ago, Robert (bombero) - Scotland AO said:

It's the one that I use to email y'all re events, runs, etc ;)

Had to search for it ;) but you should now have access :d

15 hours ago, H.7 said:

Had to search for it ;) but you should now have access :d

What, you don't have me under your Favourites list!! :oops::down: Yup, I've got it now, cheers! ;)

Tab can you remind us of your email I've got one coming up on search has 243 or something in it, is that right.

Cheers Craig

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here's the culprit - as suspected, the pivot ball went through the clutch fork :(

IMG_6692.JPG

Jeez, not good Brian! Will you have it sorted for Sunday?

Matt

5 minutes ago, Matta said:

Jeez, not good Brian! Will you have it sorted for Sunday?

Matt

No, 'fraid not, Matt. I'm taking the opportunity when the box is out to get the gearbox internals checked out, so taking the box through to Glasgow tomorrow. Should get it back in a couple of days, assuming any parts required are available. Once that's done, new clutch fork, bearing, plate and cover, get it all assembled and should be ready to go. Can't see it being done before Sunday, though.

Cheers,

Brian